Nebraska

Vendor RANT- JMaries

Ok, so I am just really miffed at JMaries, but make sure to read the end.When I first went shopping there last August, we were in the store for 10 minutes before being greeted. There wasn't a room available so they told us to start hanging our stuff on a bar. We did. Apparently at some point someone started putting stuff in a room. Great, right? Well, no because someone else thought that all the dresses that had been put in that room were from the previous person and put all of MY dresses back on the hooks. Seriously. It was like 10 dresses!! And of course we didn't know until I was ready to try on and only had like 4 dresses in my room. I really was not impressed. Now, I get a phone call from a Mary Kay lady asking if I want to come do a free session with her. She acts like she is good friends with my sister-in-law who is now getting married and just bought her dress from JMaries. Talks up a nice game. Well, I call my SIL who tells me she never met the lady but that JMaries had given out my SIL's phone number and information. She was supposed to get a free pampering session, but ended up getting only sold to for an hour and was told she'd have to come AGAIN to get the free one. But Im off topic. JMARIES GAVE OUT MY SILS NUMBER FOR SOLICITATION. They never asked her if that was okay. I just have to give fair warning to all the people shopping out there for dresses.

Re: Vendor RANT- JMaries

• kimmers1786kimmers1786 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    David's Bridal did that to me... Not only did they give out my number they are a very rude bunch of people... The Lincoln one anyways... Every other one I have called has been nice... The last time I went with one of my bridesmaids for her appointment they didn't even have anyone to help us... Why have us make an appointment if we are gonna be left alone anyways... On top of that, myself and 2 of the bridesmaids are bigger girls, when I went to get my wedding dress i was treated like dirt... Like I didn't deserve a nice dress because I am bigger... But I assure you the other 2 women there, that were like a size 4, had EVERY person helping them... I know your rant was about JMaries, but I just had to get that out there...
    Dh 26 yrs old Me 26 yrs old DH & I married 10/31/2009 DX with PCOS 4/2010 TTTC 11/2012 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    At David's Bridal, I had Mackenzie as my helper.  She listened to what I wanted and found me the perfect dress.  I was leery of the whole experience as I too fall in the plus sizes.  Word of caution is the dress was almost a size smaller than the size in the store - guess the one in the store got "stretched" from being tried on.  At least I still have 9 more months to fit in it.Other caution is that my bridesmaid dresses became discontinued but I never got a call letting me know this.  Luckily I was in a Twin Cities store 3 days before I could place the last order and still got them.
  • edited December 2011
    Uh... and now again, I get a phone call from this Mary Kay lady. Months later, still bothering me. But I would like to mention my previous experience with J'Maries. Drove across town to go order a bridesmaid dress on Sunday because I had an Alfred Angleo coupon that expired on the 30th. Ugh! They were closed. Why would a bridal store be closed on a Sunday, a great shopping day? Weird. But anyway, the bride called the store for me on Monday and told the store. They let me come in on Monday and honored the coupon for one extra day. That was very nice of them.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow i'm glad i looked at this bc i keep getting a Mary Kay lady calling me--but she said that I won something. not sure if its real or not though. she says i won it through Davids Bridal.
  • edited December 2011
    I was so not impressed with Jmaries either. I thought they were rude and not willing to help at all. I didnt receive any calls though but I dont remember even giving them my name or information. We were only there maybe 20 minutes then just walked out after trying a few things on. I got my dress at davids but never had a problem with anyone calling me because of them either.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! Those people sound so rude!! Do you guys know of any other stores in Lincoln besides JMaries and David's Bridal? I'm really only doing preliminary looking online at this point because my wedding is over a year away, but... I haven't found "the" dress on the David's Bridal online site, and I was interested in a Justin Alexander dress I found online, but apparently JMaries doesn't carry Justin Alexander... I'm also looking for a place that carries Dessy bridesmaid dresses...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ashleypeknyashleypekny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at Bridal Traditions here in Omaha. The staff was very helpful and kind. I am a plus sized bride as well and they have several gowns available to try on. I was very happy with them.
  • efujanefujan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those vendors TOTALLY bug me too!  David's gave my # to a Mary Kay group, also.  I was totally suspicious when she called, just like when Royal Prestige & whatever that other cookware company is when they called saying I'd "won something"!  Went ahead and booked a datewith the MK ppl, then blew 'em off.  Guess I'm glad I did - they never called me back! 

Oh ~ AnneNM ~ I've also heard good things about Suburban Bridal here in Omaha.  And if you are willing to take a drive, Bridal Gown Outlet in Lincoln has a huge selection also.  Nothing fancy, but you can get extremely good prices there!  Not sure what labels they carry though, but my sister ordered her Alfred Angelo gown through them & was about 20-30% less than J'Maries.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Anne, I would try Ellynne Bridal...They're amazing and located and 70th and Pioneers. They are so helpful and also carry Dessy bridesmaid dresses.
  • breeankers11breeankers11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow I just have to add to this...Jmarie's by alfred angelo in papillion decided to close and not inform me. How wonderful. I was told by my sister who drove by and said the windows were covered in black paper. I called the location in lincoln (of course freaking out) and was treated like it was no big deal and they were sorry. Of course they didn't HAVE to do anything as almost all of my bridesmaids had paid deposits already. What an inconvenience now they all have to either travel to lincoln or find somewhere else to get alterations and have the dress sent to them. NOT HAPPY
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards