North Carolina

Guestlist Poll

Here's another poll:1) When you began planning, how many people were on your original guestlist?2) For those that are further along (or married), how many guests are on your current guestlist (or were invited)?3) For those that are married, how many guests actually attended?

Re: Guestlist Poll

• jlindsey923jlindsey923 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) When you began planning, how many people were on your original guestlist? We started with 45. HA! 2) For those that are further along (or married), how many guests are on your current guestlist (or were invited)? As of right now, we've got 62 not including the select few who are allowed to bring a date.. but the number is rising..... 3) For those that are married, how many guests actually attended? N/A But we are aiming for less than 100...
  • edited December 2011
    1) Original guestlist? 242) Guests invited? 64 (32 invites)3) Actually attended? 46
  • edited December 2011
    1) When you began planning, how many people were on your original guestlist? 50 or less2) For those that are further along (or married), how many guests are on your current guestlist (or were invited)? 115 people3) For those that are married, how many guests actually attended? 76 said, but I think we had one family and one couple not show, so 70 people, the PERFECT size!!
  • KimmiD55KimmiD55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) When you began planning, how many people were on your original guestlist?  2102) For those that are further along (or married), how many guests are on your current guestlist (or were invited)?  1973) For those that are married, how many guests actually attended?   99
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1) When you began planning, how many people were on your original guestlist? I think I remember looking at it the first time and we had 130 counting family and must have friends.2) For those that are further along (or married), how many guests are on your current guestlist (or were invited)? 222 after my mom got ahold of the list. 3) For those that are married, how many guests actually attended? I'm praying we have 150. That would be just right for me.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1)  We were originally hoping for around 75-80 guests. 2)  We ended up inviting over 200. 3)  I'm thinking we'll have around 170 show up, but we're only one week into our RSVPs, so I don't have a good handle on it yet.  I am seeing that a lot of family members I didn't think would travel are planning to come, though.
  • krispychikinkrispychikin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's another poll:1) When you began planning, how many people were on your original guestlist?  ~150ish?2) For those that are further along (or married), how many guests are on your current guestlist (or were invited)? 211 people3) For those that are married, how many guests actually attended? 147 :)  it was exactly the size we wanted!
  • edited December 2011
    1) Original guestlist? 60ish I believe, which I knew would have to go up but was my goal number for actual attendance at the start, I wanted quite intimate... but oh well 2) Guests invited? if it were up to my MIL (which it was not) it would have grown to about 250, but we managed to keep it to 135ish 3) Actually attended? 91, more than plenty for us, goodness I don't know how some of you girls manage 150, 200+
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Sidenote - I just counted up the number of people that would be invited to a hometown celebration and it'd be close to 100. And my mom thought I'd drastically reduced her guestlist...give me a break!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1) When you began planning, how many people were on your original guestlist? We were shooting for around 200 attending2) For those that are further along (or married), how many guests are on your current guestlist (or were invited)? 250 invites...don't know with families and such what the actual number is3) For those that are married, how many guests actually attended? No clue, we'll start getting RSVPs in the next few weeks.  I know 70-80% of guest usually say yes, but we are getting married over 2.5 hours away from both of our hometowns, so we are actually expecting only 30-40% of people to come.  Fingers crossed!
  • edited December 2011
    This post has been very helpful to me because I am seeing the ACTUAL amount of people who have shown up at y'all's weddings. I always hear that the attendance rate is 80-90%, but I'm seeing it more like 60-70%, based on these answers. That's good, because we're aiming for about 110 people at the wedding (inviting about 165-170).
  • edited December 2011
    oh my gosh katherine. every time i see someone say that i get a knot in my stomach for them. that is a huge percentage you are counting on not showing. unless you have a very significant portion of folks flying distance away and that wouldn't certainly be making that flight for you guys that is a large number to hope wont come... so just be careful with that. i have seriously heard of TONS of weddings where the turnout was between 90 and like 99%, truly.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    1) When you began planning, how many people were on your original guestlist? We started our list between 125-1302) For those that are further along (or married), how many guests are on your current guestlist (or were invited)? We are around 135 right now, but still have over 9 months to go3) For those that are married, how many guests actually attended? n/a
  • edited December 2011
    Well I sure hope we dont get 90-99% attendance...! If we do, I guess we'll deal. :/
  • swimher14swimher14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were originally aiming to have about 150 people there. Invites are going out to 190 people and we're still hoping to fall in the 140-150 range.
  • edited December 2011
    kristy - i agree. I'm planning for 90% (based on who's told me they can't attend already), which would put us at 200, but that's sooo many people and I don't like that much attention.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • smlinebesmlinebe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) When you began planning, how many people were on your original guestlist? Around 85 2) For those that are further along (or married), how many guests are on your current guestlist (or were invited)? 160 :/3) For those that are married, how many guests actually attended? 130
  • edited December 2011
    1) When you began planning, how many people were on your original guestlist? I only wanted about 502) For those that are further along (or married), how many guests are on your current guestlist (or were invited)? We are inviting about 100 people.3) For those that are married, how many guests actually attended? We are expecting about 65 or 70
  • edited December 2011
    1) 150 on initial list2) 177 were invited3) 120 actually attended
  • JemmessicaJemmessica member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had 203 to begin with invited 163 hoping for under 140
  • edited December 2011
    1) over 1002) about 703) hoping no more than 50/60 (in my dreams only 25-30, lol)
  • krispychikinkrispychikin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just to clarify - since I only had 69% of my invited guests come - 70% of our invited guests lived out of state - we had people coming from CA, South Dakota, MA, NY, IL, etc to our wedding.  2.5 hours isn't a long drive for a wedding - I had people fly 7 hours to come to mine.  So...don't let distance determine who you think might come. 
  • KimmiD55KimmiD55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same as Krispy here...there were quite a few people that flew across the country to be at our wedding.  Our invited list is a little high too because we sent invites to some people we knew could not be there (great aunt with alzheimers, etc...).  We were actually very surprised at the people that ended up making the trip!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just have flaky family.
  • edited December 2011
    1) When you began planning, how many people were on your original guestlist? 120 or so2) For those that are further along (or married), how many guests are on your current guestlist (or were invited)? we cut it down to 1003) For those that are married, how many guests actually attended?  about 75 came
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1) When you began planning, how many people were on your original guestlist? I figured ~ 150, but the first initial guest list was ~2802) For those that are further along (or married), how many guests are on your current guestlist (or were invited)?2483) For those that are married, how many guests actually attended?I'm hoping we'll have ~200 attend
  • allisonuncallisonunc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    UGH this makes me nervous! 1) When you began planning, how many people were on your original guestlist? right at 100 2) For those that are further along (or married), how many guests are on your current guestlist (or were invited)? now right at 150 3) For those that are married, how many guests actually attended? Still really hoping for 100. We're out of town for almost everyone, but people keep telling me they're coming! Ack!
  • edited December 2011
    We started out with about 60.Now we're at almost 90!I'm positive a lot of these people won't come, so I'm hoping we'll drop back down to 60 for our wallets' sake!
  • edited December 2011
    Initial guest list: 180 Current: 215 Expected: Hoping around 180 or less Girls, I would not take distance into consideration. I have several friends that are going to one of their friends weddings this week in Turkey. And my FI and I are going to a friends wedding in Italy only a few weeks after our own wedding next summer.
  • edited December 2011
    1.  1502.  1873.  ~130
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards