Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Dumb Question re: marriage license

My fiance and I just recently moved, but haven't yet updated our drivers licenses. Do we put our current address or the ones shown on our IDs? (There's a spot for address after marriage, which obviously is our current)

Re: Dumb Question re: marriage license

• LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Will your forwarding still work after your wedding?  The address you use when you get the license will be where the certificate is sent after your wedding.I'd just use your current address and explain any discrepancy, or use your old to match IDs and then current for the address after marriage field that you mentioned.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • supersalwasupersalwa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I'd assume they'd send the certificate to the address listed for 'after marriage.' So they don't use the IDs to verify the address too? Hmm. Actually I guess we're leaving now to do this so I'll find out in person! Thanks little sweetie :)
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They actually didn't check my ID AT ALL - I was surprised.  I could have gone in as Jennifer Aniston to marry Brad Pitt and could have gotten away with it, unless the clerk follows pop culture in any way.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • supersalwasupersalwa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lol! I guess every clerk is different, ours definitely checked our IDs.
  • doxx0048doxx0048 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have lived out of the state for 2 years now but still have my MN ID (I didn't want to change it since in VA you can't smile in your photos!).  I was in MN a couple weeks ago, got my marriage license and used my MN address still.  She even ask about it, look at my ID or anything.I wouldn't worry about it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards