North Carolina-Outer Banks

Florist

Hi All,Have any of you started searching/picking the florist you are going to use for your OBX wedding?  If so, please send me some recommendations or who to avoid!!!TIA

Re: Florist

• edited December 2011
    Hi there Tia! I put together a basic idea of what I wanted my bouquets to look like and emailed it to several florists. They all seemed to be around the same price range (for gerbera daisies and hydrangeas) but the top three in the running were Sugar Snap Events, The Embellishers and Sea Breeze Florist. Good Luck!! :)
  • GandC09GandC09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is in September and we are using Renee Landry with Blooms and she is amazing!  Everything she does is great and I compared her prices with others and they are about the same.  Good Luck :)
  • GandC09GandC09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry I forgot to mention if you like bright colored flowers she is also the one to go with!  My colors are pink and green and she has soooo many great ideas for the colors!
  • edited December 2011
    I would not recomment Seabreeze, I used them for my flowers and they are great for show to get their brides hooked but they flowers look like crap when you they "finally" get they to you. I also used the same flowers you are Gerbers and Hydrangas.. They play a bate and switch game and since there are so many florists to choose from their not worth anyones time or money. I heard great things about Blooms too like GrandC. Good Luck
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry for so many grammatical errors, I was trying to type it out quick before going to work and it back fired.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! I'm glad you told me about Seabreeze. We will most likely go with the Embellishers. They've been very friendly and responsive unlike some others I've emailed. There have been a few florists as well as DJ's that act like I'm wasting their time asking for prices... well, they aren't getting my business now!!! :o) I'm almost done planning and can't wait! April 24th 2010!!  :):):)
  • edited December 2011
    GandC09, thanks for the recommendation to Renee.We have emailed back and forth and she seems really great and she has some items that I've debated buying or DIY-ing and she has them for rent! We are going to setup a meeting for either August or November when we are down at the OBX for vacation, and I'm super excited.  And my colors are pretty bright, so I'm really excited to see what types of ideas she has for flowers.Well, really just wanted to say thanks for the advice.  Have you picked the types of flowers you are going to be using yet?
  • GandC09GandC09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I originally wanted roses, hydrangeas, and some type of lime green flowers.(My colors are bright pink and lime green) But the other day I was at the Hilton and a bride had a bouquet from her and it was lime green, orange, and yellow and it was gorgeous!!! She had lime green spider mums and I fell in LOVE with those. But I have seen so many of her flowers that I think I will be happy with whatever she gives me. What are you thinking for flowers and colors?
  • lkleffkelkleffke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Renee is great in that she tries to make sure your flower is in season (making the expense less) and also makes sure that no matter what flower you end up with, you acheieve the look and vision you both conjured up together. I originally wanted Camellias as my flower (full like a peony, but not as heavily used and also my fiance's state flower) but Renee alerted me that they're not in season in September. That same meeting she showed me a gorgeous, full coral-colored garden rose that will be in season in september and i fell in love. We're going for a shades of coral roses in both mine and my bridesmaids bouquets and also for the centerpeices. NOTE: renee is also big on branches -- she likes them alot and does magic with them and chinese lanterns. Moral of the story from what I've seen and heard - trust her judgement.
  • robynjkrastelrobynjkrastel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    heard great things about bloom and renee landry.  however, we used sugar snap events for day of planning/coordination and flowers/decor as well.  shirley and laura from sugar snap were great as far as planning and coordination - loved them.  BUT, i was dissatisfied with the floral arrangements and reception decor aspect.
    imageimageimageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • khoran8khoran8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Think about Bells & Whistles www.bellsandwhistlesobx.comDorthy has ben AMAZING-- and they pull some of their flowers from their own flower field.  Better than shipping in-- but they do both.  I love that she pays such attention to detail-- she really tries to match your vision and gives great imput on what she thinks would enhance it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards