Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Make-up and Hair

For those of you who are having your bridal party get their makeup and hair done... are you paying for it or are they?  Is there a right thing to do?  I definitely want my hair and makeup done but am not sure if I need my bridal party too.  My sister is pretty good with makeup and hair but I don't know how much time she'd have to do everyone's.  I have 4 bridesmaids.  Plus, I don't want to stress her out.  Any adviceAt this point, I haven't even started to figure out how the day will actually go or how busy it will be.  My wedding does not start until 5pm.  How early are most of you starting your day and how is your time being taken up?  Thanks!

Re: Make-up and Hair

• Options
    If you are "requiring" your BMs to have their hair/makeup done, the right thing to do is to pay for it yourself.I made my appt. at a salon, and then gave all my girls the option to either come with me there or make an appt. somewhere else. Both options were at their own expense. All of them chose to come with me. Some are only doing hair, but some are doing hair & makeup.Ask your salon/stylist how long they think everything will take. That should help with your timeline. But for reference, here's my timeline:8AM - begin hair & makeup for 8 people10:30AM - hair & makeup complete11:30AM - eat lunchNoon - begin getting dressed at the church1PM - Photographer arrives2:30PM - ceremony beginsHTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wanted all the girls with me so I told all of them I would be paying for their hair and makeup. My wedding also starts at 5 and the lady at the salon said that I would probably need to be there around 11, but I am actually going to go in there earlier than that so I make sure that we have plenty of time. There will be 8 people getting their hair and make up done, but there will also be more than one person working on all of us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards