Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Dress shop recs

Can someone recommend some good dress shops in the Philly area? My fiancée thinks she found the dress at Bijou, but she would like to try one more shop in the area before buying this one. Our budget is no more than $3000 all inclusive. Thank you!

Re: Dress shop recs

• edited January 2012
    Welcome and Congrats! I found my dress at Bridals by Danielle and so far I've had a good shopping experience with them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bought my dress at Frank Bernards in Delaware and I loved working with these ladies.
  • If she's willing to give DB a shot, go to the one in Southampton. I had a good experience there.
    Anniversary
  • Thanks ladies!

She has already gone to David's Bridal and liked a few dresses, but none more than the one at Bijou.

I made her an appointment at Bridals by Danielle!
  • Try La Bella Moda in Conshohocken. I told them my budget and they didn't show me anything above it- I actually spent a lot less...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I loved The Wedding Shoppe in Wayne.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sadies bridal in Bensalem
  • CountryBrideAndGentis where i get mine
  • The Bridal Garden right over the bridge in Jersey. Since it's in Jersey, you don't have to pay tax...that is why there isn't many big bridal shops in Philly. 

Good luck
    Engaged on August 13, 2011. Getting married on June 30, 2012 at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, PA
  • Coronets Briadal in Feasterville! The staff is great - not the fanciest place in the world, but they have a big selection and I had so much fun with my consultant.

Also Irma's in Cherry Hill is very nice, and the consultants were very helpful.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_dress-shop-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:3beac93d-0ce3-430a-81b7-691800ef4cdfPost:fdb5a13e-fcce-4e8f-a187-743b7118183c">Re: Dress shop recs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try La Bella Moda in Conshohocken. I told them my budget and they didn't show me anything above it- I actually spent a lot less...
    Posted by jenmac628[/QUOTE]

I personally feel like La Bella Moda was high for wedding dresses but I did get my BM dresses there.  I got my gown at Sposabella in Feasterville..very nice people, good prices!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I suggest Sabrina Ann in Ardmore. They have a selection of once worn and never worn dresses. The selection is broad and includes prices from a couple hundred dollars all the way up to several thousand. They also have a wide selection of great designers. They're very flexible and give you an open ended appointment. I found my dress there, which ended up being never worn - it was a sample and in perfect condition.

Check out their website for a better feel ...http://www.sabrinaann.com/home.html
  • I suggest Sabrina Ann in Ardmore. They have a selection of once worn and never worn dresses. The selection is broad and includes prices from a couple hundred dollars all the way up to several thousand. They also have a wide selection of great designers. They're very flexible and give you an open ended appointment. I found my dress there, which ended up being never worn - it was a sample and in perfect condition.

Check out their website for a better feel ...http://www.sabrinaann.com/home.html
  • I am ordering my dress from Bridals by Sandra in Nazareth (Lehigh Valley). A bit of a drive but their customer service was fabulous and the whole process felt great. Additionally, they have a sister store called Sue Ames Bridal Outlet. They were able to order my dress through their sister store for 20% less than the main store. Love them!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you for all of the recommendations. She ended up going to the following three stores: David's Bridal, Bridals by Danielle and Bijou in Ardmore. She actually found dresses she liked at all three stores and had a great experience at all three. Bridals by Danielle had lots of half price sample dresses to choose from in addition to their regular dresses. In the end nothing could beat the first dress she found and loved at Bijou. She purchased one of their Stephan Jolie dresses - I think only Bijou carries them.
  • That's great she found HER DRESS! I was SO excited when I found mine....Congratulations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards