April 2013 Weddings

Where are you looking for makeup inspiration?

I am clueless when it comes to makeup.  I don't generally wear it because my eyes are so sensitive that they turn beet red and water whenever I wear eyeshadow, liner, or mascara, and it looks sort of stupid if I do my entire face but leave my eyes with nothing.  So I don't even bother.

However, for the wedding, I'm doing airbrush makeup and since it's a destination wedding, I'm not going to have time for a trial run.  I was thinking of just printing out some pics and telling the artist to do whatever she feels would look best.  The only problem is, I don't know where to find wedding makeup inspiration pics.  Everything I've found on google is WAAAAAAAY heavier than I would ever wear, and I don't care for the smoky eye look at all - which seems to be the "in" thing for weddings. 

Help!  What sites have you guys been looking at?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
RSVP Deadline: March 8th

Re: Where are you looking for makeup inspiration?

• Look at Pinterest maybe? Or pictures of celebrities that have a more natural makeup look. 

I am in the same boat as you. I know what I want for my hair but not so much for my makeup. I told the stylist at the trial run to just do what she thought would look good. It was a bit heavy for me, so for the day of I will just ask her not to do so much. 
    135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 23
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses
  • Check out marykay.com. There are tons of pretty but subtle looks you can check out and give to your makeup artist :. Pinterest has a lot of more dramatic looks.
  • Ditto pinterest!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Have you ever thought of going to Macys and doing a makeup trial at one of their makeup counters.  That way you can get some expert advice and try out some looks.  Make sure you take a picture if you like it and bring it with you for the wedding day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pinterest (I use google to search the pinterest site for "subtle makeup" and "everyday makeup") 

Magazine websites for celebrity red carpet looks

brides.com. 

I don't want super intense makeup either and I've found that the makeup on hairstyle, veil/hairpiece and dress models is more subtle.  
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_where-are-you-looking-for-makeup-inspiration?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:dd82bccc-22db-451a-99e2-74ba73d8e9d7Post:268b2f42-fa72-4277-af69-338a2d957e44">Re: Where are you looking for makeup inspiration?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you ever thought of going to Macys and doing a makeup trial at one of their makeup counters.  That way you can get some expert advice and try out some looks.  Make sure you take a picture if you like it and bring it with you for the wedding day.
    Posted by LuckyGirl1713[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. I'm clueless about make up but my makeup artist was able to guide me based on what I said I liked, even just what features of myself I liked. I was also able to try different things (like different lipsticks and such) to see what colors worked on me.

Also, have you ever gotten airbrushed before? I was planning on doing it, but my makeup artist actually really advised against it. She said with my skin and with what I wanted to look like, it would be a really bad choice for me. So...if you haven't airbrushed before, I would say you should definitely try it somewhere to make sure you like it.
  • Even though you can't get a trial from the actual person who will be doing the makeup on your wedding day, I would try out Macy's or something like that, like PP's said; especially if you have issues with eye makeup just to be safe. You could always do fake eyelashes if you decide you don't want too much eye makeup.

As for inspiration - maybe look at the pictures from all of the award shows that have been on. I am with you on the no smokey eyes that does not work for me. OH, if you do go to a counter for a trial, or even if you just go and chat with someone, they could tell you a color that would work well for you. Do you have a Sephora near you? The consultant there helped me out a lot when I was trying to find a few things.

The only makeup I wear is mascara and I suck at it lol. I am going to put my trust in the hands of my stylist and hope that it works out.
  • I've never done airbrush makeup before, but I guess now I have to look into what kind of skin is good for that and what isn't.  I pray my skin type is good, because that's the only makeup our wedding package offers and I can't afford one more WR expense - not even a trial airbrush session.  We've had so many unexpected expenses lately, as well as a family member who promised a rather large sum of money to use for the wedding who had to back out.  I'll be lucky if we can pay for the wedding as it is, let alone any extras.

I've looked at pinterest, but the pictures I saw were all very heavy on the makeup.  I will definitely try the Mary Kay and Brides websites, and maybe hit up a makeup counter to see what they suggest.  I need help picking out a new lipstick shade anyway.  Thanks for the ideas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards