Registry and Gift Forum

Advice from others regarding greeting card holder?

Hi!  I've spent eons on line looking for bird cages or boxes that I can afford and don't look trashy for my guests to slip their cards in at the reception.  What are you doing?  Does anyone have any other "different" ideas or ideas that will not break my budget?  I am a very new bride to be and navagating these wedding waters can be tricky!Thank you!!

Re: Advice from others regarding greeting card holder?

• I found this cage on sale at Hobby Lobby for $15. you should check out the Budget Brides board, there are some helpful ladies over there
  • I went the budget friendly option.  I got it for free b/c my grandmother made it.  She took a cardboard box and cut a small whole in the top.  Then she covered it in pretty white fabric with a glue gun.  Then she took some ribbon and made little bows and glue gunned those.  She's crafty and already had most of it, but the fabric was about $5. 
  • One bride painted a mailbox as her cardbox.  You could open the door and secure a peice of plexyglass with a slit cut out for cards to look very open, but still secure.
  • Thank you so much!  I appreciate all your advice!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards