Texas-San Antonio

New to The Knot

Hello everyone!  I'm new to The Knot!  I've enjoyed reading the posts.  Seems like all the ladies on the SA board are very helpful.  Congrats to everyone.  Quick question: Since our wedding is May 2010 when should I forward our wedding website to guests and when should STDs be mailed?  Thank you.

Re: New to The Knot

• MBLoveMBLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! SA Knotties are the best! Sorry I don't have an answer to your question but I'm sure someone else does. I am doing everything very rushed for my wedding. I just wanted to say welcome to you! Hopefully I can help you out if you have other questions:)
    Photobucket image
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and good luck in your planning!! I think save the dates are sent about 6 months before the wedding but I'm not sure because I didn't use them :) We referenced our wedding website on our invitations, specifically on the "reception" card since that will be one that they keep handy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!  Although I am not doing them, I have heard that STDs should be mailed about 6 months ahead.  You can put your wedding website on those. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome to the board and congrats on the engagement. I did STD and sent them out in late March/ early April. My wedding is October 10 and I put our wedding website on STDs. I don't think there is a certain rule on when to send them out but if you have out of town guests I would not wait after the 6 month mark... I have a lot of guests who had to buy plane tickets and I wanted them to be able to get good deals and plan accordingly. Other than that if you were to send them out next month I don't think it would be that big a deal.
  • edited December 2011
    :o) Welcome!!
  • jgilbergjgilberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome!I sent my STD around 8 months because I have a lot of out of town guests. I only just got most of my wedding website done (my wedding is Oct. 17th), so the info was not on my save the dates.~Julie
  • marissa54marissa54 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome to the Board! My wedding is 5/15/2010 so we are the same month!! I just ordered my save the date's from Magnetstreet and I plan on sending them out about 8 months in advance since we do have a lot of out of town guests and May is a graduation month. I included our wedding website on the magnet so that people can get information on hotel accomodations. Good luck and happy planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome :)What I've heard is that you want to mail them around 6 months and then follow up with the invitations about 3 months before. I don't know if that's entirely accurate though. I'm planning on sending my STDs around December or January since I'm July 15th, 2010. Yea, I know strange date lol.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! The SA girls are awesome to plan with as some others have said. I remember hearing the 6 mo rule too for the STDs. I ended up sending most of mine out in May for our December wedding though since people had recommended it to be earlier if you're near a major holiday. I also just included my wedding website on the back of my STDs to make things easier. I'm sure you could give your site to close friends and family anytime you'd like though. Good luck!
  • novio2010novio2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you sooo much!  I really appreciate the response!  I'm excited to start the planning process and keep in touch with all of you via the knot.  Again,  best wishes to all of you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards