New York-New York City
Options

Manhattan Penthouse vs. Boathouse?

Hi Ladies!!You were all SO SO helpful before, when I was trying to decide between 24 Fifth and Battery Gardens (both of which we liked, but for varying reasons did not end up choosing), so I thought I would milk you all for your reviews of two more places, if you don't mind! :)FI and I have narrowed it down to Manhattan Penthouse or Central Park Boathouse. I am so conflicted about which to choose, because they are both great spaces. Any comments about weddings attended there, the food at either, the type of service they provide during weddings...anything would be much appreciated. I desperately want to make a decision by Monday so I can stop thinking about venues (and, undoubtedly, start obsessing about everything else wedding related).Also, thoughts on Friday vs. Saturday weddings? If we did the Boathouse, it would definitely be a Friday (bc Saturday is way out of price range), but with Penthouse, we can do either Fri or Sat. Thanks so much, and sorry this got so long!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Manhattan Penthouse vs. Boathouse?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally think the Boathouse it a GORGEOUS space however, the people were HORRIBLE to deal with. I am hoping for their sake it was an off day or bad person but my experience on the phone and with voicemail/email was such a turnoff I never went to meet them in person.
  • Options
    erin579erin579 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing Tavern on the green on a Sunday, HUGE SAVINGS if that day is an option for you.  I seriously thought we would never be able to afford it.  I have never been to the venues you are asking about so I cannot comment.  But I love central park and the whole fam. is from out of town so they will be excited to be in CP and at a wedding there.good luck!e
  • Options
    moonlitmamamoonlitmama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are having ours at manhattan penthouse so i am definately partial to it. the location is great - and there are nice nyc views. we had our tasting and the food was impressive. i love that they include tables/linens/place settings etc in the price and we have only heard great things about this place from friends that have been to events there before. and our coordinator is fabulous and responds very quickly to any questions. we are having it friday - but it is a good price to begin with (even on a saturday) it was nice saving even more on a friday ;-)good luck.
  • Options
    esuvakesuvak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  We're getting married at the Central Park Boathouse in a few weeks (!!), so I'm a little biased there :-)  We wanted something in the city, so also looked at Manhattan Penthouse.  One of the key deciding factors for us was that my FI really wanted a cigar roller, so we needed outside space.  And we just fell in love with the overall look and feel of the Boathouse over MP.  Like you, we had to do a Friday wedding due to cost and availability, but we felt that since most of our guests were actually in the city, Friday wouldn't be an issue.  And really, we haven't had anybody decline because of that.  Plus, it gives us an extra few days to recover afterward. In terms of service at the Boathouse, we didn't run into any issues when we were booking the place.  They've been a bit slow to respond to emails since then, but nothing horrible. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again for the feedback, everyone. FI and I have decided to go for the Boathouse, because we just love love love the park and spending time there, so why not get married there :) Esuvak, who are you working with--James or Peter? We're working with James (so far anyway), but have heard that Peter might be preferable for whatever reason. Your wedding is almost here--that's so exciting! Congrats! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    esuvakesuvak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hilary, I'm working with James.  But I've also heard better things about Peter.  I got the impression that Peter has been there longer so has a better reputation.  But I haven't really had any huge issues with James so far.  I'm living in London now, and he was able to accomodate me for a tasting well before the usual time.  Feel free to email me if you have any specific questions ... beth dot suvak at gmail dot com.  Just 10 days left now!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards