Flowers

bouquets that double as centerpieces

Ok, I'm a recessionista. After the formal pics and ceremony, I would like the BMs to put their bouquets in vases waiting on the tables--and voila! 6 centerpieces! Because the bouquets would need to still look fresh by dinner, I'm hoping to use hearty flowers that are not extremely fragrant. Does anyone know if dahlias and ranunculus fit the bill? I love them. Any other suggestions? Oh yeah, and it's a November wedding. Thanks!

Re: bouquets that double as centerpieces

• sharibaresharibare member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great idea! If you are getting married in Nov. and it's not too warm, most flowers should be fine if the girls take a bit of care with them. I think it's mainly heat that makes them wilt and look not-so-fresh.
  • alivesoonalivesoon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    this a very good idea if you are trying to save some money!you really need to make sure your flowers are VERY hydrated before the bouquets are assembled and that they have a source of water after the ceremony ans that they are not extremely exposed to heat or sunlight. how your bridesmaids handle the bouquets will also affect how they look after the ceremony. as for ranuculus they are kind of hearty, dahlias tend to be more delicate. Callas are flowers that hold an amazing amount of water inside them and can be without it a record time and still look fresh!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for all of the feedback on this!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards