March 2012 Weddings

Getting to Know You (Newbie) Survey

so there a ton of a new girls around here, so I figured maybe we could do another survey (plus I'm bored and it gives me something to do)

1. Where do you live?
2. What is your wedding date?
3. How long were you and FI together before getting engaged?
4. When did you get engaged?
5. What have you checked off your list?
6. What's your venue?
7. Any favorite vendors so far?
8. How old are you and FI?
9. Do you have any colors in mind?
10. Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding:
11. Tell us something NWR about yourself!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
**Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**

Re: Getting to Know You (Newbie) Survey

• 1. Where do you live? California

2. What is your wedding date? 3/11/12

3. How long were you and FI together before getting engaged? six years

4. When did you get engaged? November 09

5. What have you checked off your list? ha, nothing. if by August we still have nothing, I told FI that it's just him and me in Maui.

6. What's your venue? the beach

7. Any favorite vendors so far? I'm going to say my wedding photographer, though I have yet to book. She's amazing and her photographs aren't
    half bad either.

8. How old are you and FI? both 26

9. Do you have any colors in mind? navy blue and lime green

10. Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding: my photographs and the TTD session

11. Tell us something NWR about yourself! some say I'm mildly obsessed with my dog...like I wish I could take her with us to our wedding. She's the apple of our eye, she's definitely our baby.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • 1. Where do you live? Tempe (Phoenix), Arizona

2. What is your wedding date? March 2, 2012

3. How long were you and FI together before getting engaged? a little over 3 1/2 years

4. When did you get engaged? May 7, 2011

5. What have you checked off your list? We have the ceremony and reception venue (which includes caterer, florist, cake, bartender, linens, DJ, coordinator), an officiate (my grandfather), photographer, and wedding dress. We've also started buying our alcohol since we have to provide our own. Better to begin buying it now than pay thousands before the big day, right?!

6. What's your venue? The Castle at Ashley Manor

7. Any favorite vendors so far? The majority of our vendors are included in our package. Although I haven't met with all of them yet, I do LOVE our coordinator. :)

8. How old are you and FI? He'll be 29 at the end of this month, I'll be 26 next month.

9. Do you have any colors in mind? shades of light pink, ivory, and champagne

10. Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding: The castle is absolutely amazing. I've been to a wedding there and it was truly a fairytale wedding. I cannot wait for my fairytale! :)

11. Tell us something NWR about yourself! I second beckerz comment, we're completely and overly obsessed with our dogs, no denial and no shame. Without stealing someone's idea....? I have the world's best profession, I am a teacher! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Where do you live? Louisiana (for the next month, and then Florida!)

2. What is your wedding date? 03.31.2012

3. How long were you and FI together before getting engaged? six years

4. When did you get engaged? January- our 6th anniversary!

5. What have you checked off your list? Finally, we have some checks! Ceremony and Reception venues, my dress, and our save the dates (are being printed). And my sisters have all agreed to be bridesmaids. :)

6. What's your venue? ceremony is on our alma mater's campus at the college chapel, and the reception is at a local science museum.

7. Any favorite vendors so far? The woman I am working with at the science museum is AWESOME! She has answered all 10,000 of my questions and is still super nice about it.

8. How old are you and FI? I am 25, and he is about to turn 30

9. Do you have any colors in mind? eggplant and grey... with green or yellow or lighter purple. Not positive yet.

10. Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding: Hanging out with my bridal party the night before and finally having pics of the two of us to put up all over the house.

11. Tell us something NWR about yourself! My FI wants to have a BIG family - like, I think I have finally negotiated down from 13 to about 5. Which is still big for a lot of people, but as 1 of 5 daughters, I LOVE being part of a big family. :)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. Where do you live? Texas
    2. What is your wedding date? 03.10.12
    3. How long were you and FI together before getting engaged? 3.5 years
    4. When did you get engaged? 02.11.10
    5. What have you checked off your list? everything!
    6. What's your venue? a small chapel and a country club
    7. Any favorite vendors so far? my photographer, florist, and baker
    8. How old are you and FI? i'm 23, fi is 25
    9. Do you have any colors in mind?  eggplant, "peacock" (cross between royal blue and teal), with accents of green, blue, gold, and mauve
    10. Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding: my walk down the aisle
    11. Tell us something NWR about yourself! i love tv on dvd and usually wait several seasons before i start watching a series...mainly because i have to know everything that happens.... also i love lower case letters.
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • 1. Where do you live?   Charlotte, NC soon to be Asheville, NC
    2. What is your wedding date?  03.24.2012
    3. How long were you and FI together before getting engaged?  This depends on who you ask, but about 2 years
    4. When did you get engaged?  12.11.10
    5. What have you checked off your list?  Ceremony/Reception Venue, my dress, photographer, florist, half check on the bridesmaids' dresses
    6. What's your venue?  The Point Lake Club in Mooresville, NC
    7. Any favorite vendors so far?  my photographer, she's wonderful
    8. How old are you and FI?  We're both 26
    9. Do you have any colors in mind?   PINK!!   and silver, champagne, and ivory
    10. Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding:  having all of my family and friends in the same place for once!
    11. Tell us something NWR about yourself!  I fly hot air balloons... as does the almost hubby, its how we met (and I too am obsessed with my dog)
  • 1. Where do you live? Orlando, FL
    2. What is your wedding date? 3.23.12
    3. How long were you and FI together before getting engaged? 1 year
    4. When did you get engaged? 1.23.11
    5. What have you checked off your list? ceremony/reception venue (including catering, bar, and DOC) & my dress. We have also taken engagement photos and created (but not sent) STD's!
    6. What's your venue? Historic Dubsdread
    7. Any favorite vendors so far? The venue!! So wonderful to work with!
    8. How old are you and FI? 28
    9. Do you have any colors in mind? purple, blue, pink, silver
    10. Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding: the party (and food) with everyone I love!
    11. Tell us something NWR about yourself! Cupcake baker & doggie lover! I have a chihuahua named Halsey and I have dreams of a cupcake business for events.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • so there a ton of a new girls around here, so I figured maybe we could do another survey (plus I'm bored and it gives me something to do)

1. Where do you live? New Orleans, LA soon to be Washington DC
    2. What is your wedding date? March 10, 2012
    3. How long were you and FI together before getting engaged? 4 1/2 years
    4. When did you get engaged? May 20,2011
    5. What have you checked off your list? Venue, colors, florist
    6. What's your venue? the Champagne Palace
    7. Any favorite vendors so far? I love the outdoor garden at Champagne Palace
    8. How old are you and FI? 25
    9. Do you have any colors in mind? coral and gold
    10. Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding: My FI has a twin brother, most of my family doesnt know, and I plan on keeping it that way until the wedding. I figure I may need a laugh that day.
    11. Tell us something NWR about yourself! I met my FI our sophomore year in college and the moment I laid eyes on him, I told my friend I was with that I was gonna marry him. True story
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. Where do you live? Southern California

2. What is your wedding date? March 24, 2012

3. How long were you and FI together before getting engaged? Just shy of 5 years, but we've known each other for about 8.

4. When did you get engaged? March 9, 2011

5. What have you checked off your list? Venue, colors, DJ, photographer, dress, shoes, veil, Save the Date cards, and I've decided on our invitations but won't be making them for a while!

6. What's your venue? The Grand Tradition Estate in Fallbrook, CA.

7. Any favorite vendors so far? I am head over heels in love with my venue and I adore my photographer. She's AWESOME.

8. How old are you and FI? We're both 22 but will be 23 when we get married.

9. Do you have any colors in mind? Black and white with some silver thrown in.

10. Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding: I'm really excited that my FI is wearing his dress blues because I don't get to see him in them enough! I'm also looking SO forward to seeing family I haven't seen in ages!

11. Tell us something NWR about yourself! I'm a student at CSUF working on getting my degree and teaching credentials. I'm also the biggest Detroit Red Wings fan EVER!
    March 2012 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon - Undecided (NYC or DC)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. Where do you live? Portland, OR
    2. What is your wedding date? 3/9/12
    3. How long were you and FI together before getting engaged? almost 1.5 years
    4. When did you get engaged? 2/13/2011 at a cocktail pairing dinner
    5. What have you checked off your list? venue, dress, photog, videograher, get away car
    6. What's your venue? Crown ballroom 
    7. Any favorite vendors so far? def. the get away car, a 1947 Rolls Royce
    8. How old are you and FI? I'm 26 and he's 28
    9. Do you have any colors in mind? burgundy and gold
    10. Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding: I am super excited about my dress and seeing so many old firends
    11. Tell us something NWR about yourself! We just recently adopted the most adorable kitten.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
    168image Are Invited to celebrate with the Newlyweds!
    79image Will be joining the celebration
    67image Can't make it
    22image Are Procrastinating

RSVP Date 2/9
  • 1. Where do you live?
    Texas

2. What is your wedding date?
    3/3/12

3. How long were you and FI together before getting engaged?
    4 years

4. When did you get engaged?
    October

5. What have you checked off your list?
    groom :-) , venue, DJ, florist, linen, wedding coordinator

6. What's your venue?
    The Woodlands Marathon (ceremony), La Torretta Lake Resort (reception)

7. Any favorite vendors so far?
    all those I have booked!

8. How old are you and FI?
    I'm 35, he is 41

9. Do you have any colors in mind?
    green/champ.

10. Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding:
    that we have been able to combine our love for each other, with our love for running and share both with our guests

11. Tell us something NWR about yourself!
    I am a former competitive boxer.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_survey-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:fa73678d-fb71-4f06-a5db-9818405d81b1Post:7d8af6de-918c-4e01-adc9-0a8025417503">Re: Getting to Know You (Newbie) Survey</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. Where do you live?  Southern California 2. What is your wedding date? March 24, 2012 3. How long were you and FI together before getting engaged? Just shy of 5 years, but we've known each other for about 8. 4. When did you get engaged? March 9, 2011 5. What have you checked off your list? Venue, colors, DJ, photographer, dress, shoes, veil, Save the Date cards, and I've decided on our invitations but won't be making them for a while! 6. What's your venue? The Grand Tradition Estate in Fallbrook, CA. 7. Any favorite vendors so far? I am head over heels in love with my venue and I adore my photographer. She's AWESOME. 8. How old are you and FI?  We're both 22 but will be 23 when we get married. 9. Do you have any colors in mind?  Black and white with some silver thrown in. 10. Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding: I'm really excited that my FI is wearing his dress blues because I don't get to see him in them enough! I'm also looking SO forward to seeing family I haven't seen in ages! 11. Tell us something NWR about yourself! I'm a student at CSUF working on getting my degree and teaching credentials. I'm also the biggest Detroit Red Wings fan EVER!
    Posted by megmac24[/QUOTE]

Fresno State? or Fullerton??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. Where do you live?  Texas!! 
    2. What is your wedding date? 03.10.12
    3. How long were you and FI together before getting engaged? 3 years
    4. When did you get engaged? 11.02.10
    5. What have you checked off your list? reception venue, colors, WP...that's about it! (phew-I've got a long way to go!!)
    6. What's your venue? reception-Event1013; ceremony-TBD
    7. Any favorite vendors so far? probably our photographer! She's a close family friend and is so sweet!!
    8. How old are you and FI? We're both 24
    9. Do you have any colors in mind? yellow and gray
    10. Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding: seeing my man all dressed up, the walk down the aisle, and my awesome last name I'll get when we say "I Do"!!
    11. Tell us something NWR about yourself! Anytime I feel not like myself I watch "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and it puts me back in my place instantly!! Also, I have about 8 people in my life right now that are due sometime between Nov-Jan?!! (1 girl is having twins and 1 girl is my SIL so I get a new niece/nephew!!) YAY!! 
    Plans!!Follow Me on Pinterest
    March 2012 Board October Siggy
    Honeymoon!!! New York and Boston =)
    White Knot
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_survey-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:fa73678d-fb71-4f06-a5db-9818405d81b1Post:14812ca9-2445-446d-b637-a2465bf0c9bf">Re: Getting to Know You (Newbie) Survey</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. Where do you live?  Texas!!  2. What is your wedding date? 03.10.12 3. How long were you and FI together before getting engaged? 3 years 4. When did you get engaged? 11.02.10 5. What have you checked off your list? reception venue, colors, WP...that's about it! (phew-I've got a long way to go!!) 6. What's your venue?  reception-Event1013; ceremony-TBD 7. Any favorite vendors so far? probably our photographer! She's a close family friend and is so sweet!! 8. How old are you and FI?  We're both 24 9. Do you have any colors in mind?  yellow and gray 10. Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding: seeing my man all dressed up, the walk down the aisle, and my awesome last name I'll get when we say "I Do"!! 11. Tell us something NWR about yourself!  Anytime I feel not like myself I watch "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and it puts me back in my place instantly!! Also, I have about 8 people in my life right now that are due sometime between Nov-Jan?!! (1 girl is having twins and 1 girl is my SIL so I get a new niece/nephew!!) YAY!! 
    Posted by rettazzo13[/QUOTE]

I LOVEEEDDD Event 1013!! I wanted to book there for our reception, but our ceremony is in McKinney and the FIL was not too fond on that drive!! Lol but good thing I didn't cos it turned out to be your venue and we are getting married on the same day!! :P can't wait to see your photos from there!!!
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • That was the only place we looked!! Is that bad? lol-yay for being date twins though and I can't wait to see your pictures! I love country club weddings!! They're always so gorgeous!! =)
    Plans!!Follow Me on Pinterest
    March 2012 Board October Siggy
    Honeymoon!!! New York and Boston =)
    White Knot
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards