Wedding Party

mother of groom in black?

My fiance's mother wants to wear black to the wedding because she already has a nice black outfit. Is this color considered acceptable for the mother of the groom? She asked me and is waiting for my answer.

Re: mother of groom in black?

• I think it's fine.  My sister's MIL wore a black and white outfit and it looked really good in the pics.  Especially the ones with just her sons with their tuxes.
  • Its fine! The last wedding that I went to had the MOG in a simple black dress and the MOB was in a black skirt and red top. If location matters, I'm from Texas...
  • It's perfectly fine.  As long as she's not wearing it with a scowl on her face, it's a great color on many women.
  • I think it's fine... my mother is wearing black... I helped her pick it out..
  • You should tell her that anything she likes and feels lovely is in is wonderful. You should not let it bug you.     That said I come from teh culture that it is a smidge of an insult but it is clear as she is asking your opinion that no insult is meant so roll with it.  
  • Both my mom and step mom are wearing black, I don't know what his mom is wearing yet...  It is more common these days...
  • My mom wore black, my dad's wife wore black and white and it looked fine.
  • My mom's friend wore black to her sons.  My moms dress is about half black, with some other colors on the top part.  I don't see anything wrong with it.
  • My MIL wore black to our wedding and nobody, especially us, thought anything of it.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • I think that it is totally fine.  My mom, my stepmom, and the FI's mom are all wearing black dresses to our wedding next month.  I think black is classy and no one looks bad in it. 
    KelseyTara Proud Army Wife TTC since July 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards