Snarky Brides

Romantic Comedies

2»

Re: Romantic Comedies

• I think my all-time favorite is actually While You Were Sleeping. I agree that if you want to actually GO to a movie, The Proposal was really cute. My mom dragged me a few weeks ago and I enjoyed it much more than I anticipated.I hated Made of Honor. HATED it. And I *love* Patrick Dempsey. He just couldn't save that one for me.I haven't seen Penelope, but now I really, really want to.
  • Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day was only "meh".  But Amy Adams is excellent, as always, and the Piemaker is adorable.  She sings a couple songs.  Even so, I'm glad I didn't pay to rent it and I don't plan on watching it again.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Penelope was great, James McAvoy (as per usual) did an awesome job. Also saw Ms. Pettigrew and really couldn't get into it. It wasn't bad or particularly good, just blah.
  • I tried to watch Once but it was just too slow.  I think I gave up about an hour into it.
  • My husband likes to make fun of my undying love for Sandra Bullock.
  • I love Sandra Bullock as a personality, but the only movie of hers I've ever liked was Hope Floats and I think that's mainly for Harry Connick, Jr..  Helloooo Harry.
  • I still really like You've Got Mail. 
    Caroline 5/15/11
  • FYI, Fallin, not even Harry can save the horror that was "New In Town". It was the in-flight movie when I flew back from San Fran. I think the screaming child behind me was more entertaining.
  • Yeah, while I don't usually love Sandra Bullock, I hate Renee Zellweger and find her scrunched up face hard to look at.  Bridget Jones is the only way I tolerate her.
  • I typically love just about anything with Sandra Bullock in it, so I'm with Vinny.Kate Hudson is adorable, too. I liked How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. But um, MATTHEW is in it. I'd be lying if I said he didn't contribute in a major way.I also enjoy the Barrymore/Sandler flicks--The Wedding Singer and 50 First Dates. But you obviously have to be able to tolerate Sandler, and I know many people can't.Speaking of people you have to be able to tolerate... Will Smith. I really liked Hitch, and that's one my H can handle watching as well.
  • Has anyone seen the Guardian with Ashton Kutcher & Kevin Costner?  I watched it this weekend and I was crying like I've never cried before.  It was an OK movie and the ending was sad very very sad.  
  • I forgot about Hitch.  That is one that my husband and I always watch whenever it is on.  We also always ask each other, "Why don't we own this one?"  My husband and I were made for each other in bad taste heaven.And the comment about Renee Zellw... making the poster want to punch babies (sorry, I am multi-tasking so I missed who said it), that made me uglykristenworklaugh.  Thanks!
  • Phillip Seymour Hoffman? I can't watch my H's man crush without him.  That could be grounds for divorce.  
  • Two more romcoms:Keeping the Faith -- Edward Norton makes this movie adorable in every way, even though the concept is pretty weak.Three to Tango -- Even though it's dripping with stereotypes, I can't help but love it.  Matthew Perry and Neve Campbell are excellent in it.
  • Oooh yeah, Sparrow. Good call. Can't forget about the Ryan/Hanks movies. Both Sleepless in Seattle AND You've Got Mail.
  • Three to Tango is that the movie where he pretends to be gay?  If so I like that movie a lot too.
  • Watch it with him then. It's cute and quirky and very funny. I think you'll like it.

• Oh, Cali.  I love Keeping the Faith and have it on DVD, even though I admit that it's not a high-quality movie.
  • I would go see the Proposal.  I too have an unrelenting addiction to Sandra Bullock with the exception of the Lake House.If you want to go classic rom-com: When Harry Met Sally.  I really enjoy everything in the chick flick genre, so they are all good in my book.  
  • ftnupsftnups member
    First Comment
    Has anyone mentioned Dan in Real Life? I love that one so much I bought it and I rarely buy movie DVDs.
    image Guess who?
  • Phillip Seymour Hoffman? I can't watch my H's man crush without him. That could be grounds for divorce.Your H and my H will have to fight over him.
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • My H has Gary Oldman as a fall back if he needs him.
  • I know I'm super late on this, but if you haven't seen Chocolat, well, do that.
    3 out of 4 dead babies agree! pepsi is better than coke! - EdithBouvierBeale
    Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
    I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
    It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali
  • Just watched new in town this today and thought it was cute, but I am also a sucker for Harry Connick Jr.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards