Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

NYC Hair & Makeup Help!!!

I am totally overhwelmed looking at websites of makeup artists and hairstylists. There are several that look good that have gotten good reviews but I can't go to 5 different people for trials (too expensive!!)...can anyone give a first hand recommendation or inside info about any of the people listed below??? I also have a big group of girls/moms that will want these services too so anyone in a similar situation is welcome to weigh in. THANK YOU!!! Sally Duvall...I wasn't overwhelmed by the bridal pics of her site, the makeup seemed very muted, but I love that she uses that special airbrush makeup and she says it lasts 10-12 hours without smudging or rubbing off Damali NYC...website seems good, I like that they do hair & makeup Bridal Gal....the makeup airbrushing looks good Stephanie Barr...not even sure how I found her but she also does airbrushing, large bridal parties and has a lot of good web reviews The Glam Fairy...another airbrush person, can accomodate a big group of people Stacy Pitt....I know she has gottten rave reviews on here but the pics on her website all seem the same...like she pretty much has three styles she does on everyone and then just varies them and they all seem to involve curling hair I sratched Once Upon a Bride off the list after a lot of mixed reviews.... I had been recommended Kristan Serafino and Paul Innis for hair and makeup but don't know anything about them other than that they are expensive

Re: NYC Hair & Makeup Help!!!

• I have found the best make up is doing it yourself and hair by a stylist. In my experience the make up artist overdo and you really dont look like you. If you are great at putting on your own make up get your favorites together and see which ones you like best. Most eye colors have best  eyeshadow colors to bring eyes colors out. You will know which ones these are for you. Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards