Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Online wedding dress?

Hi everyone:) Does anyone have experience purchasing a dress online from an online "store?" Specifically from www.bridalonlinestore.com? I'm curious if these companies are truly legit. I'm wondering about the quality of the dresses? Please let me know if you've experienced purchasing via online! This company has a 3 day return policy, so I'm not super concerned because there is little risk...but I am curious about your experiences. http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/Collection/product-page.asp?q=Wedding Dress&SKU=2000 Here is the dress I"m excited about! Thanks:)
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Online wedding dress?

• hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't used bridalonlinestore, but I did use netbride.com, which is an online store and had a great experience with them.  The hardest part is getting the sizing right, because you can't try anything on.
  • starkitennstarkitenn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Netbride is a MN company, I believe part of Rush's. I've never heard anything bad about them.
  • hammie33hammie33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a lot of these knock-off bridal sites are based in China and ship to the US.  I bought a dress from a similar source for my wedding, since i was disappointed with what i was seeing at david's bridal and other wedding shops.  (i figured, hey, it's $160, what do i have to lose!?).  well, i gave my measurements and got my dress after about 8 weeks.When it arrived, the quality was about what i expected-- simple lace overlay with stain underneath.  Don't expect the high quality lace, beading, etc that you'll see in more expensive dresses-- but if you're doing a less formal wedding, or an outdoor wedding like mine, (or if you're not too picky) it can work.The other thing I'd HIGHLY recommend is to give yourself plenty of time to get the dress altered once it arrives.  Mine fit HORRIBLY when i got it in the mail.  It was awful, and I really didn't think I'd be able to wear it for the wedding, but after finding a good seamstress, we were able to make the dress fit-- and now it looks great!All in all, I spent $185 on the dress, and $175 on alterations... so I think it was worth it.  Let me know if you want to see pictures and i can email some to you.
  • hammie33hammie33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *satin (not stain).  whoops!
  • !l0veJ0hn<3!l0veJ0hn<3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i dont have experience with bridalonlinestore.com but i did order mine through netbride.com. it was an awesome experience. it was much cheaper then the bridal store that i tried the dress on at originally. (like $300 cheaper). it arrived in perfect condition and well within the time that was given to me by netbride. if you want more experiences/reviews on bridalonelinestore.com you could always post this question on the dress board and you could probably get a ton more responses!good luck!!
  • flower_loverflower_lover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress online from RK Bridal, and we got our BM dresses from netbride.com. Both were excellent experiences, and both of those retailers have real brick & mortar shops.They both carry real designer dresses, not knock-offs, so if you find a designer dress and one of them carry it, you can buy it from them for a big discount. My dress was La Sposa and at a retail store it would have cost $1400, but i got it for around $800 from RK Bridal.Like a PP said, check out 'the dress' board. There's lots of great advice for finding deals, and feedback about various online stores.
  • Shan1097Shan1097 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As many others I used Netbride.com for my BM dresses and they were great. It was easy process...I did the measurements on some of the girls just because I worked in a Bridal shop before the others just went to a bridal shop and got measured and looked at the manufactor and determined a size.. I never determined a size by trying a dress on.. Trust me you are asking for problems if you do it that way... Always get measured and look at the sizeing chart..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards