New York-New York City

Moran's in Chelsea

Has anyone gotten married, looked at, or been to a wedding at Moran's?

Re: Moran's in Chelsea

• smsuziesmsuzie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, but been to dinner and the food is great.  I've seen the room that they use and its great looking, has a fireplace too.  Really nice.  
  • edited December 2011
    There were a few Moran's brides a few years ago and they all had rave reviews, it's one of the few great but affordable venues in Manhattan!
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at it for my very-large rehearsal dinner.  The prices were excellent and the staff was responsive and seemed very accommodating.  The private room is large and has a fire place and I think iron chandeliers.  For us, it didn't have the vibe I was going for with our spring wedding, and seemed like it might be better suited to Fall or Winter weddings, since the room is a little dark and heavy-feeling... could definitely be a great option for someone else. 
  • edited December 2011
    Ultimately it was not the venue I chose for my wedding, but it was my second choice.  My reasons were that, like Mayflower, I thought the room was better suited for a cozy fall/winter wedding, and I was having a spring wedding.  Also, about 80% of my guest list is from out of town, so we ended up doing Giando on the Water (amazing views of the city, we thought guests would like that) for a little less than Moran's was charging.I really, really liked them though (Tom the manager is great) and so we actually ended up choosing the downtown location, Moran's on Washington Street, for our rehearsal dinner :)
  • ahw001ahw001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it's nice to hear you all thought it was warm and cozy! we're acutally planning on a new years eve wedding! so I'm thinking it's going to be perfect :)
  • froggygoofroggygoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i looked at it and although it came highly recommended and the staff was super nice, i chose to go another route.  i thought the decor was cheezy, just not what i was looking for.
  • edited December 2011
    One of my bridesmaids had her wedding there last year and I HIGHLY recommend it! She had a great experience during the planning process and everything on the day was just as it should be. I think it's a fantastic place to have a NYE wedding! Best of luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards