• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

corsages

I'm doing most of my flower things myself and i'm trying to compile a list of everything i need, but I have a couple questions about who gets corsages.

Now, I know that mothers and grandmothers obviously, but Nick's oldest brother has a live-in girlfriend who he's been with for over a year. They're not married, so she won't be my sister-in-law, but I wouldn't be surprised if she is one day. She's not involved in the wedding in any other way mostly because her and Nick's brother live so far away and because I've only seen her a few times.

So should I give her a corsage? And if I do, do I have to give one to his other brother's girlfriends? (assuming that they have girlfriends at the time..)
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: corsages

• Hmmm...now you have me thinking.  I hadn't considered FI's sisters.  One of them with be our officiant and the other might do a reading for our ceremony.  LOL...I'm no help to you, but maybe someone else can help us both!! Laughing
    Anniversary
  • I think it would be totally up to you if you want to extend that or not. I don't believe it would be expected but might be appreciated if you could afford it.

As for other gf's, I'd say no unless it's someone who's been around a while. You don't get stuck making things for a girl that just was invited to have a wedding date.

This is just my opinion though.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • I haven't really considered my brothers girlfriend - he is only 17 but they have been dating a year but I probably wont - we arnt close at all, We will give them to our moms & Grandmothers though...

if you and her or fi and her are close itd be nice but i dont think its required or she would even notice if she didnt get one...
    October 2011:Our baby :)
    Jed <3 Ashlie updated 10/03/10</br>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with everyone else. I think that it is nice if you have the money and are close with her but I also do not think that it is expected.
    Photobucket
  • When my boyfriend's sister got married, we had been living together for 3 years and been together for 4 years.  I didn't wear a corsage and I was fine with that.  I wasn't part of the family (yet).  I think in the end it is up to you, but I wouldn't think that you would need to give one to her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards