Registry and Gift Forum

I need a gift for my FI/ THE GROOM

I've heard that the bride and groom are supposed to exchange gifts before the wedding. I don't know of anyone that has done this, but I would like to get my FI a gift. What should I get him? Did you get your FI a gift? What was it?

Re: I need a gift for my FI/ THE GROOM

• I already got my FI's gift and I got him a watch. ive also read that alot of girls are doing boudior pictures. Ive thought about doing it but I think its something id wait to give to him til he isnt around all of his groomsmen, so maybe the night of the wedding or on the honeymoon. hope that helps : )
  • he loves his oakley sunglasses but they have seen better days, I'm thinking of buying him new ones. Bpics I'm doing for our first anniversary....its paper = )
  • I did sexy photos for my guy. I was totally nervous about it, but it ended up being so much fun and the pics are awesome!!! I ended up getting him a jersey of his fav baseball team and took the pics in that. I plan on wrapping the photo book in the jersey and having one of my girls take it to him. This way she can make sure nobody else is around when he opens it. It makes me smile to think of his face as he opens it and then a few  hours later we will see each other.  I can't wait! As far as having to get him a gift... It is totally up to you guys. I told FI not to get me a gift. I have enough with the dress, and the rings, etc--Since he picked a $30 wedding banc--I wanted to suprise him with a nice gift. I may also get him a WII...I hate video games but he really enjoys plaing his friends when we go to visit with them. Boys will be boys I guess....
  • I have heard of the 'tradition' to exchange gifts, and I thought it was done at the rehearsal dinner.  Either way, FI and I decided we weren't going to do this since we are spending so much on the wedding itself and our honeymoon will kind of be our gift to each other.  Plus, we're both pretty hard to buy for anyways and anything we would want/need we would probably buy for ourselves by then anyways haha. But like previous posts said, its totally optional.  I do like the ideas of a watch, video game system, sunglasses, they're all great ideas.  The sexy pics sounds like a great idea for 1st year anniversary too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards