Texas-San Antonio

Non-downtown hotels

Hey ladies! Since I am still relatively new to the area I still don't know all the good hotels. Anyone have any good recommendations for hotels that aren't downtown. All of my wedding stuff (church, reception, and rehersal dinner) are in the 1604 & 281 area. I know there are tons of hotels around there...but anyone have good ones that they know of or have used for hotel room blocks (or even ones by the airport). Pretty much my whole side of the guest list is OOT. TIA.

Re: Non-downtown hotels

• edited December 2011
    We're using Embasy Suites at the Airport...so far so good!
  • edited December 2011
    There is a Drury Inn and Suites on 1604 close to 281 that is still relatively new..maybe about 5 years old.  Anyway, I toured it once and it seemed pretty nice.  Sorry I can't remember exactly which intersection it is closest to but it is definitely in that area.
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to say the Drury Inn and Suites also. I used to book temp physicians for work at our Stone Oak location (281 and 1604) and always booked their hotel rooms at the Drury and they really liked it...even for notoriously hard to please people! They have a nice free breakfast and free drinks/appetizers in the evening.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Hampton Inn Suites is right on 1604, just past 281 and I have always had a good experience there-the rooms are nice too. Also, The Doubletree off of 410 (near the airport) is very reasonable in price but very nice. Try there! :-)Allison
  • edited December 2011
    I also vote for The Drury Inn and Suites.  My parents stayed there and loved it so much that I'm having my guests stay at the one at 1604 and I-10!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I'll definitely be calling around to those places when I'm off on Friday.
  • edited December 2011
    There is the hilton and double tree right in the air port area both are nice and very reasonable
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards