Connecticut

Hawk Photography/others?

Hi Ladies! I'm just starting to meet with photographers and was wondering if anyone has ever used Hawk Photography or knows anything about them?? I am going to meet with them but wanted your feedback first...it's going to be a 2 hour drive for me to get there so don't want to make the trip if it's not worth it! If anyone else has any other recs I would appreciate it. I am looking to spend no more than $2,500 and HK and John Loconte were already booked for my date (saw the rave reviews for them before :( Thanks!

Re: Hawk Photography/others?

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't know much about Hawk other than the girls on here do approve! Another to check out... King Vincent Storm www.kingvincentstorm.com HTH!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Catherine Fiehn Her website is www.catherinefiehn.com Hawk will call you non stop and I've heard some negative reviews (but to be fair I didn't meet with him because I was forewarned)
  • ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met Hawk at a bridal fair. PP is right in that he constantly emails you trying to set up appointments or offering you specials. His photos are good, but NMS. I wanted something more creative.
  • princess203princess203 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I remember reading on this message board a while back from a bride that booked Hawk and was not happy after their engagement session. She lost her deposit to book another photographer.
  • edited December 2011
    Friends of ours had a very bad experience with Hawk- the photos were not what they wanted and regret their choice. They say that if they could change one thing, it would be them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Kathy 9/18/09Kathy 9/18/09 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine also had a bad experience with Hawk.  I have also heard some other bad reviews as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not the poster but I wanted to thank you for this feedback. I am compiling a list of recommended photogs so I am ready to go once I have a date. I'll make sure I don't contact them. That is way too many bad reviews for one company.
    Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Nicholas Bencivengo, he is amazing![url]www.photographybynicholas.net[/url]and he is really affordable and if family and friends buy prints they are the cheapest I have seen around compared to some of the more well-known photogs.And amazing quality too!  Some examples of his work on my bio and more on his blog of our E-Pics!  He also took the one of my FI playing piano on our bio.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Hawk Photography for our October wedding. I haven't received endless phone calls or email offers from him, so perhaps that has stopped? On the occasions where I've called him with a question, he's been incredibly nice and has always gotten back to me within 24 hours. We set a fairly limited budget for photography for our wedding and Daryl was able to keep within it, and we like the work we've seen from him online.
  • edited December 2011
    Im using snapshotsunlimited. He is very flexable and great to work with. I know a few people who have used them and very happy with everything....  his prices are great too
  • jmestylejmestyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out Parsons PhotographyDiane is sooooo nice and great work :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Michele Walworth, she is a fab photographer and a personal friend. She did my engagement photos in June...but here is her website: michelesphoto.comShe has some great albums on the site, and if you have Facebook, look for her there too!She also has great pricing and goes above and beyond to make sure your photos are what you want and is very responsive.  I referred two friends to her who are also using her as their photographer
  • cpsweddingcpswedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using sue from www.beginwithagrin.com I know she is flexible and very easy going.  Plus i find her work really creative.  I heard many of the same horror stories about Hawk including some switch and bait (showing someone elses work).
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Justin Marantz.  They are incredible.  If you visit their site.. www.justinmarantz.com and click to engagements... "meet sarah and john" then you can check out our e-pics.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards