Connecticut

wadsworth mansion and villa bianca brides

What did you find best about either venue?What was your average per plate?Did you like the venue?
BabyFetus Ticker TTC since 11/2010 Me-32 - Cervical Displacia -Lymes Diseease DH-32

Re: wadsworth mansion and villa bianca brides

• rickylee244rickylee244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Villa Bianca is beautiful! Every room has a large victorian stair case with the bridal suite above to make a grand entrance.  We are getting married there in March.  The staff is great, you would talk to Tony if you book there and they handle everything. We live in Florida, but our family is all in NY and RI.  The fact that it is inclusive (we were able to book everything through them) which has made it so much easier on us.  And on that note they are very willing to work with you to get what you want ... ie. thier standard centerpieces that come with some packages have roses and I want Calla lillies and I will get them.  It depends on the time of year for cost. (which is why we are doing the off season).  For us we are getting package two (see thier site) with the addition of a chocolate fountain, chair covers, and the chapel (on premisis so another plus) for $89 a person.  Other times of year that package runs between $130 - $140 a person without the extras.  I hope this helps you.
    Photobucket Visit The Nest! Photobucket
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH and I were married at Villa Bianca on March 21st. We used the Chapel and the Regency Room. I can't say enough good things about it. Christine the manager was great to work with, anything I needed she was right on top of it. They give you a Maitire 'D who acts as a DOC, we had Kyle and I swear we wanted to take him home with us. The rest of the staff as well as the food was amazing. I still have people telling me how great everything was. I highly recommend it.
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't look at Wadsworth in person, but I believe you need to hire an outside caterer for food.  We used Gourmet Galley for our wedding and they do events at Wadsworth.  We ended up paying $90 for food and roughly $25 a person for alcohol.  That's before rentals.  I'm not sure what the mansion provides.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Agey310Agey310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married next August at the Wadsworth Mansion. I think that the entire house and grounds are beautiful. The thing with the mansion is that you do have to hire your own caterer, but they do provide tables and chairs (which is a major cost that you don't get at some of the other local mansions). We have hired Cloud Nine Catering and managed to pay as little as $35 per person for food and an little extra for the bar and linen rentals. So far I have been very pleased with their customer service and with the options that they offer. Another thing that I like about the mansion is that you get sole use of the mansion on the day of your event, so you don't need to worry about back to back bookings or compete with another event going on at the same time. I had attended a prom there when I was in high school and have fallen in love with the decor and layout of the house.
  • AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the Wadsworth Mansion charges a $4000 site rental fee for the day.  If you want a white tent out back on the patio that is extra (but I'm not sure how much).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    215image 174image 41image
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding at the mansion and the only thing I noticed that was "wrong" with it (no offense to the bride who is getting married there- it is BEAUTIFUL!) was that I felt the rooms were a little seperated. Some people were in one room eating and others in another room dancing. It wasn't just one open room where you could be part of everything when I was there.
  • edited December 2011
    Ive ruled out the wadsworth mansion for that reason. We are going venue looking on saturday so Im hoping to take some off. The vila bianca, Im going to go see it although i read some horrible reviews about it online.
    BabyFetus Ticker TTC since 11/2010 Me-32 - Cervical Displacia -Lymes Diseease DH-32
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards