Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Handfasting

Does anyone here have any information on handfasting ceremonies? i am love the symbolism of tying the cords and would like to incorporate handfasting into m ceremony, i am just having a hard time finding any information on it. Any help would be wonderful. TIA!

Re: Handfasting

• Options
    I too am thinking of having a handfasting as part of our ceremony, I am irish/scottish and he is scottish/welch. This traditionally was something that was done as a "trial run" so to speak for couples who wished to be wed. They would tie their hands together for a year and a day and at the end of that time, if they still wanted to be together, then they allowed the marriage. Try this website: www.hanfasting.info I just did an internet search for handfasting ceremonies.
  • Options
    Ceremony text in planning bioPics in wedding bio
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In my VERY old (3 years, or more! ) bio, under pictures, you'll see a picture of the parchment (you can make it bigger so you can read it) that our ceremony is written on.  We keep it in a box with our cord and the candles we used during the ceremony. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards