North Carolina
Options

Thank you cards ideas and etiquette

My first question is:  can you throw some ideas for thank you cards?  I want to do a picture of us but I don't know how to use it. And....I was SO excited opening gifts that I didn't really keep track of who gave us what.  Is that something that is supposed to be mentioned in the thank you card?  I've seen some examples. If that is the case then I'm screwed.  :o)

Re: Thank you cards ideas and etiquette

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Eek...yeah, I think it would be nice for you to mention specifically what the person gave you and how you intend to use it, etc. Is there any way you could contact the store where you are registered to find out who gave you some of the gifts off your registry? Also, if you deposited checks you might be able to see the check image through your bank. IDK...I think I would want to try to find out if possible so I could acknowledge the specific gift. There are a lot of places you can order the TY cards with the picture on the front. That's what I've seen done a lot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Even though I tracked everything, I didn't specfically say thanks for that gift. We mostlý got money, so it really wasn't a problem. But I said something around the lines of "thank you for the generous gift, we really appreciate it...lada lada.I guess its nicer to have a more personal thank u, but I think if you get the point out that u really appreciate them giving u a gift and coming to ur wedding, you should be fine. I personally wouldn't stress myself out finding out who gave what. HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards