Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Toddlers and Tiaras

This week, we have a girl that speaks about herself in the third person...She's Madison during the off season, but Tootie when she's on stage...hmm..
"In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs

Re: Toddlers and Tiaras

• Options
    OMG! I was just yelling with my husband at the TV over this!! It's ridiculous!
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    Oh is that on?! *goes to find it*
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    ...well, so is yelling at the TV I guess, but whatevs.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Normally, I'm just 'eh' about it, unless the mom is super pushy. But the girl has 2 personalities??
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    Do they not have these anywhere but the South? I've never seen any where the girls didn't have a super thick Southern accent...
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    Well look...her mom is teaching her great life lessons. Like how to rip off your skirt and wave it over your head.That should make her friends when she grows up.
  • Options
    the hotel doesn't get itttttttttt*pouts*
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    That's a good question, louisville.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Also, she's learning coping skills. Like...dissociation.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Also, she's learning coping skills. Like...dissociation That was a for real lol
  • Options
    I live in Louisiana and my sister and I participated in a few of these growing up. My mom never pushed us to do and it never pressured us to practice like these moms. We actualy told our mom later that we didn't want to do it anymore because of the other moms. Mom was actually happy because they are HELLA expensive!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    holy sh!t!!!! Is she seriously working off? And I wonder when they will realize what these suggestive moves mean? Obviously it doesn't mean anything to them at this age, but it will catch up to them.
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    NO on that outfit. Just...NO.
  • Options
    She gets the beeeeeesssssttt of both world! Chillin' out take it slow! Then you rock out the show! Again. Hannah Montana strikes.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    Oh my god she's like Hannah Montana. I can't believe her mother allows this.
  • Options
    I don't have an issue with pagents, really. I think they would be a lot of fun, as long as the kids were doing it for the right reasons. I just don't like the moms that won't let them quit when they want to. Or make them 'sexier' than their age. I understand the dressing up and looking pretty. Just don't like the sexy look.
  • Options
    ... Tootie tan...
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    THe tans make her money. It's fine.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Wait...why does Tooties mom have to make money to pay for her hair and makeup? She's not in the pagent... Can anyone see the moms living vicariously through their daughters?
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    [i]... Tootie tan...[/i]DED.
  • Options
    My favorite part was when she compared her two personalities..."if Madison and Tootie had a race, I think Madison would win because Tootie would be in high heels."  WTF?
  • Options
    She is going to give that little girl a complex about her weight!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    NO. She is calling her daughter FAT.
  • Options
    BUT ITS SO CUTE ON YOUR CHUBBY WUBBY BELLY!!!
  • Options
    Oh? Leather and chains is the line? Really? Fishnets are ok though.
  • Options
    I like to beat other girls, too. But with my fist.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I just got psychosomatic whiplash thinking about how hard my neck would snap from the backhand if I ever talked to my mother like that.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Lol Fische! I DO NOT believe in hitting your kids anywhere but the behind or maybe a light smack on the top of their hands...but I might have to slap Tootie if she talked ot me that way. And I bet the mom doesn't think she had anything to do with it...'What? She just started acting like this one day, its all part of act"
  • Options
    clearly, she doesn't mind it.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Yeah, she doesn't mind that at all. And you know, letting your young daughter walk down the hallway of a hotel more than half naked is totally cool.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards