Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Guitar music

For my ceremony music I am just having a guy play the guitar and we are meeting with him tonight (he is a friend and doesn't do weddings all the time so I am not sure if he will have alot of suggestions) to talk about it, but I have no idea what songs to suggest. I want something a little different than the normal wedding music, but nothing too out there. I really like dave matthews and was thinking of one of his songs but give the guy room to revise it so it doesn't sound so much like him. Any dave songs or any other song suggestions that would go nice on a guitar? TIA

Re: Guitar music

• I scrolled down and actually found a couple similar posts (probably should have done that first) Sorry for reposting. But if anyone has any dave matthew songs or any additional feedback that would be great.
  • If you like Dave Matthews...maybe #34 or something like that would work? Not sure how it would sound without the horns...but maybe it would work? Maybe consider some other artists like Ben Harper, Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, & Eric Hutchinson? I'm using David Gray's "January Rain" for our ceremony. Its different than the usual wedding music but still works :-) Good luck!
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • My two cousins are playing "Always With Me, Always With You" by Joe Satriani on electric guitars(actually, they are FI's guitars!). 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm having my brother play Iron and Wine's "Such Great Heights" during the unity sand part of the ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards