Chit Chat

Loss of work???Anyone else freaking out? Vent..

So my FI is paid on commission and he hasn't been making sh** lately. Ever week it gets less and less and we have 2 paychecks before the wedding and we are so broke its not funny. We still owe about 900 on wedding stuff like photogo, venue and dj. Not a lot but still where the heck is that money going to come from? I'm so stressed out about it and today he just told me what his check was going to be and I dont know how we are going to do it. Not to mention we are so out of BEER my sanity is gone. I vowed not to buy any until after the wedding so we can save some money not sure if i'll make it or not. Anyone else experiencing this?

Re: Loss of work???Anyone else freaking out? Vent..

• I completely understand where you're coming from. I do freelance work and, due to the economy, haven't worked since the beginning of May. It's extremely frustrating. Luckily, my FI has a good job and can afford to pay all the bills for the time being (leaving little to nothing for anything else, like savings). This leaves me feeling like a drain on my fiance and an all around bum. Every time I mention getting a part time job until freelancing picks up again, my FI tells me I shouldn't because it will interfere with any freelance jobs that may come up (due to the nature of my work, sometime I only get 1 or 2 days notice). I'm lucky that he's so supportive. That being said, I have been searching for and applying for regular full-time positions and trying to get away from freelancing for a while. Unfortunately, my degree and work experience is so specific that it's been hard to break into more corporate/office environments. Okay, so now that I'm done rambling, I can only say that I think there are very few people that are not being affected by the economic downturn. Hang in there and try to be optimistic.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards