African American Weddings

Anyone mad at you?

Has anyone else had people mad at them in regards to their wedding? I've had people mad at me because they weren't invited to my shower even though they know they weren't invited to my wedding. This is what they've said, "You should've at least invited me to your shower. I would've gotten you a good gift."My mental response, "That's why your @ss wasn't invited in the first place! I ain't no ho and I'm not pimping myself/shower/or wedding for no gift! "My spoken response, "I've had lots of people who weren't invited to my shower/wedding give me a gift-why? Because they love me/FI and they want to help. I don't see why you can't do the same."I also tried to explain to them that shower etiquette that it's wrong to invite them only to a shower, but they don't get it. Some people can be so ugh!

Re: Anyone mad at you?

• edited December 2011
    yup- my cousin's..mad cause they ain't in that wedding! lol oh well.
  • edited December 2011
    All the time and I say EFF em. They aint paying for jack...so EFF em. They will get over it. You can explain all you want but that isn't going to make them happy.
  • edited December 2011
    None was is mad at us...yet...but FI family reunion is at the end of  August, and I have a feeling people will be mad at us then. Oh well...
  • edited December 2011
    my cousin was a bit peeved b/c she was the only one in her immediate family invited. mad may be a stretch, though. i'm cool though b/c none of them were invited to my shower anyway! i felt obliged to at least invite her because i was in hers. she didn't show. cool.
  • edited December 2011
    People kill me being all upset over a wedding that isn't theirs! UGH! You mad because you aren't in the wedding. You mad because you aren't invited. You mad because nobody is sharing details about MY wedding with you. You mad because you're mad. *sorry to jack your post but this is some bull! These chicks are sick in the head!*
  • edited December 2011
    Trust honey they'll build a bridge and get over it..hell i have someone "mad" at me because I am getting married the same year as them CTFU!!
  • edited December 2011
    derekandtiffani, girl you were speaking the gospel on that one. I've been getting side-eye left and right because of my wedding plans.Don't these fools know trying to plan a wedding in a recession is not the business!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • withmikewithmike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah but I just chalked it up to, I cant invite everyone.  I only invited those near and dear to me.  Sorry.  And no you dont have to invite me to your functions either LOL. Dont worry about it. Enjoy your day!
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, folks mad at me but it is what it is. Can't please everyone.
  • camdio816camdio816 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just yesterday this girl got pissy at me because I didn't invite her to the wedding and posted a fb status update about me. I haven't seen this girl since I was six years old!!! Puh-lease!! People are crazy.
  • edited December 2011
    one of my friends is upset with me because I am getting married. She was like you can't go out no more or nothing now lol. But she still wants to come to the wedding. Ain't that bout nothing? lol
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • ChristynahChristynah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess I have bad etiquette, because most of my bridal shower list are people that aren't invited to the wedding. We are including a written explanation in the invitation explaining to the guest why they were invited to the shower and not the wedding. (It sounds worse then it really is) Oh well. I guess you are better then I am. lol!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • braxtongirlbraxtongirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that there are some people mad at me but I think that they are scared to tell me! Oh well! This shiggety cost too much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards