Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

B&M Monday

Nothing B&M-ish for me.  Just a bit sore from my toe-running over on Saturday.

(Don't laugh Courtney :P You were driving the rack!)

So let's get it all out ladies.  Whatcha got?!

Re: B&M Monday

• crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The dog woke me up at 1:45 to go out. Then at 2:10 to eat. Then he got off the bed and was running around. It was 3 am before I went back to sleep. Then I got to get back up at 7 to take him back out, because it's my morning. We need a house with a yard. 

That's all other than my annoyed coworker comes back today from vacation, I almost want to be late just so I can miss the "passing of the gifts" (She always does it, and she always excludes me.) Which I don't mind but it sucks when other people are asking what I got. That and she's going to be super annoying today I bet. 

I should just skip and go back to sleep....
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sick of my mom's snarky attitude. She wonders why I don't call or come by. Stop acting like a jerk and I would.
  • edited December 2011
    Not too much for me, either.  A kid slammed his roommate's head in the door yesterday and is now acting all indignant about it.  But it's the last week!  And FI and I have a list of houses thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis long we want to see!
    Anniversary

• ecox12ecox12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not too much for me either, aside from it's Monday. I did not want to get up!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm tired and my dog kept me up all night!
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DH left for a week for business :(

Kendall - I feel your pain. It was hard driving in the alleys of the Anatole. I still can't believe no one else showed up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    edited December 2011
    We're on vacation so I can't complain too much, but we are with my entire family...so there's 15 of us, including 4 small children.  It's a little much.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited December 2011
    I jsut want to report that today has gotten significantly better.  I'm actually not as tired (yet.) as I expected I would be.

Plus, the lady didn't bring anything back for anyone. I think one of the new ladies may have given her a hard time for excluding me when she did Christmas gifts last year.
    Awkward situations avoided! Yay!
  • edited December 2011
    I am bloated and exhausted. Oh TOM.... you suck.

So to compensate (and hopefully fight off these crappy feelings) my coworker and I just did an online lunch order for Freebirds... yum. 30 minutes til I can go pick up our order, YAY.
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • winechic25winechic25 member
    edited December 2011
    I don't mind traveling for work, and am one of those weird ones who don't mind sleeping in hotels, but last night, even with the thermostat set at 60, my room was so hot I woke up in the middle of the night sweating to death, and the room is so humid, when I woke up this morning, paper, clothes, etc was damp. So much for good sleep the next few nights!!
  • fryer2012fryer2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have much either!  I'm just feeling tired from the heat & weekend.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-80?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:a74f1ae4-91b9-429b-9dc8-ade45fb84ea5Post:c86b3ebe-c6c3-40d6-a5ef-83a0135d6b36">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have much either!  I'm just feeling tired<strong> from the heat</strong> & weekend.
    Posted by fryer2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Yea,my stepmom wanted me to go to Trader's Village with her on Saturday. I did not because it's too darn hot outside and I most certainly didn't want to be there all day.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Kathleen - I hate people who do that.  Even when I get the gift, which is a nice gesture, it's usually junk that just takes up space.  One girl brought us giant wooden pencils the size of my arm from her hiking trip.  WHY?!

Deepthi - I am soooo sorry she is still doing this.  I had hoped it would calm down after the wedding :(

Kristan - I am still hungry since you mentioned Freebirds on aim.  I hate you :p  *eats her salad and grumbles*

Angel - Get off TK and enjoy vacay :P

Amanda - W. T. F?  Was there a reason for the head slamming?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-80?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:a74f1ae4-91b9-429b-9dc8-ade45fb84ea5Post:fe987687-6bae-4310-bc2e-fa75ddafbdbb">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kathleen - I hate people who do that.  Even when I get the gift, which is a nice gesture, it's usually junk that just takes up space.  One girl brought us giant wooden pencils the size of my arm from her hiking trip.  WHY?! Deepthi - I am soooo sorry she is still doing this.  I had hoped it would calm down after the wedding :( Kristan - I am still hungry since you mentioned Freebirds on aim.  I hate you :p  *eats her salad and grumbles* Angel - Get off TK and enjoy vacay :P <strong>Amanda - W. T. F?  Was there a reason for the head slamming?</strong>
    Posted by KendallandAlbert[/QUOTE]

<div>Is being 13 and impulsive a reason?  =)</div>
    Anniversary

• bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my B&M is that i'm not where i'd like to be on our wedding checklist.

however, our invites will go out hopefully by wednesday. and we now have all the silverware, plates and cups and what not for the reception.

we never did do our engagement pictures......even though i kept promising myself we would.

but! we did finish our scuba class this past weekend. so we're all set with our scuba diving certifications for the honeymoon!

and i'm with you amanda! we have a list out the wazoo of houses we want to look at. thankfully we have our first appointment with our realtor saturday morning!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-80?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:a74f1ae4-91b9-429b-9dc8-ade45fb84ea5Post:cdaf264f-2eea-47c8-9a0d-93a2ae12ae4a">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : Is being 13 and impulsive a reason?  =)
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

*facepalm*
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-80?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a74f1ae4-91b9-429b-9dc8-ade45fb84ea5Post:8b459572-beda-4c6b-9fbf-e95a964b84e4">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE] But it's the last week!  And FI and I have a list of houses thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis long we want to see!
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

We looked at 36 total houses. 10 each time we looked. The first day we made an offer on one, and the people were very strict on staying at their asking price, so we lost that one. The second we found already had an offer but was still showing as active in our realtor's searches. We made an offer on a third house yesterday and finally had it accepted even though we were bidding against investors on it. Super stressful but glad it's finally winding down.

Oh and my test sucked @$$. The end.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-80?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:a74f1ae4-91b9-429b-9dc8-ade45fb84ea5Post:24c6a50f-730a-4e6e-bae1-a443275b13ac">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]my B&M is that i'm not where i'd like to be on our wedding checklist. however, our invites will go out hopefully by wednesday. and we now have all the silverware, plates and cups and what not for the reception. we never did do our engagement pictures......even though i kept promising myself we would. but! we did finish our scuba class this past weekend. so we're all set with our scuba diving certifications for the honeymoon! <strong>and i'm with you amanda! we have a list out the wazoo of houses we want to look at. thankfully we have our first appointment with our realtor saturday morning!</strong>
    Posted by bigbabyface[/QUOTE]

<div>It's so exciting!  But also kind of draining.  We haven't been able to look at anything while I'm at camp, but we're going to try to see some places close-ish to SMU while the kids are in class so I can get back at a reasonable time.  Then camp ends Friday and we'll start marathon-looking.  =)</div>
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    We looked at a house on Saturday, but only because the ILs saw it and thought it was perfect for us. (We hadn't even begun to think about houses yet).

It would be at least 3x the amount we're currently paying (renting a house.) Uhhhh...no. It really put a damper on the weekend for us to realize how far away from home-ownership we are.
  • 1fwdarlin1fwdarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My car is trying to destroy me. Can't it last at least 6 more months without costing a small fortune? They've done ac diagnostics and nothing showed up wrong. Put in freeon. Went back a week later (Saturday) since ac still not working and replaced 2 air filters. Also had to replace brake rotors because they were warped and car was shaking. Sunday left brake made a whirling noise when driven. Crap. Back again today to fix that but to add to it today while at the office my car's thermometer broke and gear shifter cracked. Thank you heat. Oh and did I mention my ac still doesn't work? Now they think it's electrical and want to do electrical diagnostics. Or it could be the clutch. Sigh. Why car?
  • edited December 2011
    =( Just found out FI's neighbors (who he's known his whole life) won't be able to make our wedding -- a member of their family is getting married the same day.
    Anniversary

• courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I hate the end of the month at work. It is a really good thing that I have love for vino and a DH that stocks the fridge with it on Sundays. I shall B&M no mas, as I enjoy my first sip.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards