Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Profile Event Center

Does anyone know anyone who has used the Profile Event Center for anything. I am pretty excited about trying to get it booked for my wedding but wanted to know if anyone had any feedback for me!!Thanks Ladies

Re: Profile Event Center

• jfoss11336jfoss11336 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I considered that place. I loved how it looked on the website and the prices were really cheap. I took a tour of the place and I realized a couple of things. The parking is not even at the building. Your guests have to park accross the street at some other business. I didn't want that because of older family members. Also I wasn't 100% satisfied with the fact that it is a recording/practice studio. Other than that, I liked the place, my fiance hated it. We decided to go with the Embassy Suites hotel in St Paul. They have wedding packages for every budget and the nice part is that a wedding coordinator helps with everything. It took a lot of the stress from me!! We are having the ceremony and reception there and then if people want can stay there. It is great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I looked up Embassy Suites on line but am not finding any pricing information. If you dont mind me asking, what package did you go with and what is it roughly going to cost?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is very different from any other place I looked at. Their pricing is weird because of how their packages are. I would recommend going there to talk to Leslee Francis, she is the wedding coordinator. It makes a lot more sense when she explains it =)We are having our ceremony there also in the atrium under the gazebo. It is only 300 dollars.We chose the diamond package (the middle one) It includes the food, flower centerpieces from Stems and Vines, a cake from Buttercream, food, wine pour with dinner, 2 hours of hosted bar (1 hour before dinner and 1 hour after). Also they do all the set up of decorations and take down. I thought this was a huge relief because I didn't want to have to worry about that. The wedding coordinator makes sure everything goes smoothly including the flowers, DJ, photographer, cake, set up of reception and ceremony and timing of whole night are taken care of. You can't put a price on that!!! I want to be able to enjoy my day.With all that said, we are paying about 10,500 for 170 people. The nice part is that this total includes everything besides tax and gratuity. I just thought it was convenient for me because all I had to do was go to the flower store, and cake store to tell them what I wanted. Everything gets billed to the embassy. When we looked at other places to have the reception, when adding into account the cake, decorations, centerpieces etc it comes to be around the same price so with having the comfort of the wedding coordinator, I couldn't pass it up!I also liked that it is only 1000 dollars deposit to book the place (which goes towards the total bill) and then you can pay as much as you want until 3 days prior when they require final payment. It was easy for us to save up that way.I hope that helps you!
  • edited December 2011
    Very Very Helpful! Thank You So So So MUCH!!
  • jmconnorjmconnor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FYI- I also looked at the Embassy Suites in Saint Paul and very seriously considered it, but my fiance didn't really care for it. We decided to go with 490 Summit because he liked the idea of having the mansion to ourselves. With that being said, now that I am only a little over a week away, I have said a lot that I wish I went with Embassy Suites. I do think it would have been less expensive, and there are so many details that are stressing me out, which they would have taken care of. Plus, all of my OOT guests are staying at the Embassy Suites. And, Leslee is great. I felt bad when we ended up telling her that we were not going to have our wedding there because she had the best follow up of anyone I talked to, and we visited a lot of places.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my reception there.  It is different than other venues but we really liked it.  If you have a certain feel you want then PEC might not be it.  It fit our budget, though the prices have gone up since then.  The food is great.  So much is included with the food min.  I think is 5,000 now.  You can bring your own alcohol.  Heather the event mananger is great she has helped us so much.  Yes the parking is across the street but it's free.  And not too far away. I am really excited to have my reception there.oh plus they have an in house dj for 475 for 6 hours.  They have a great lighting system, with fog machine.  It looks like a club.  We are going with the dimond room.  I would at less go look at it.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    What do you mean by a certain feel? What am I to expect, or not expect for that matter? I am still planning on setting a time to go look for myself but I also like to know what to expect before hand.
  • edited December 2011
    All I mean is it's not really fancy, more like a club.  I really like it but it seems like alot of people idn't think it was that nice.  I guess I mean it's princess like if that makes sence.  For us it works.  The outside doesn't look that nice but the rooms are really nice.
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would agree that the one room does have the club feel... It has a disco ball and it is darker in there becuase they have these deep red velvet curtains that go from the ceiling to the floor because the out side scenery is not that nice (Parking lot etc). They do have another room that is more traditional. I did like the fact that you can bring in your own alcohol but again it was one more thing I would have to worry about.You will know when you find the right place. You will be able to invision everything, its kind of like when girls find their dress, you just know it is the right one!
  • edited December 2011
    jessimica138- would you mind providing me with any more info about the embassy suites wedding stuff, or Leslee's email? It sounds wonderful...you get Buttercream cake and centerpieces from Stems and Vines? Wow! I'm not getting married until Sept. of 2011 so no one will accept a hold the date yet from me, but I'm very indecisive....I really like the eagan community center, but I'm worried that on my wedding day I'll have to do everything, and I want to enjoy myself. If you have any more info to post on her, or if you could e-mail me, I would realllly appreciate it. Your comments have been very helpful! Rachel johnson_rachel8@hotmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards