Moms and Maids

DD here too

The bride who didn't want her FMIL in the same color as her mom, because her mom should be more special as she's MOB,  DD both posts:  the one here and the same post on P&E.And I took the time to reply to both.  Sheesh.
"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146

Re: DD here too

• edited December 2011
    How rude!
  • duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, she didn't appreciate us not agreeing with her. Imagine thinking you should dress a grown woman, your FMIL no less, so that she feels less special that your mother. I don't get along with my MIL and she isn't my favorite person but even I wouldn't do that!
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    This time on the road is killing me!  I'm missing everything.......20 minutes a day on the knot is kiilling me. As a MOB with 4 girls, I would be so disappointed in my girls if they treated their FMIL in this manner.  MOG is just as special as MOB!!!!!
  • TruchanaTruchana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unless they pay split the costs fo the wedding, they do unfortunately fall slightly lower on the totum pole, sorry, although both mothers should feel special in their dress.
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I think that is so sad.  There is no reason for a MOG to be lower on the totem pole because of money.  She is as parent of one of the people getting married, just like the MOB is.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Truchana, I could not possibly agree with you more.  This has NOTHING to do with money.  These are the moms of the two major players in a wedding, and they deserve equal respect.  Money should not even enter into it.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • TruchanaTruchana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     haha I figured that would create a rise.  No, you are correct, both mothers are special on the day of the wedding.  I just personally feel, which everyone has the right to their own opinion, in dealing with my own wedding, that I would want to make sure my mom felt special as well.  My mom is the one who put all the time into helping me plan, my parents are paying, they are hosting the event, so therefore, I would not be happy if the MOG was trying to outshine or diminish that specialness in any way.  I find it to be poor taste.  It also doesn't help that I'm an only child, so for my own mom, this will  be the only time she does this. It's not like it's just another wedding she has to put on, it's the only wedding.Same goes for the Rehearsal dinner though, the grooms family typically pays for that, so in my mind, the MOG gets more kudos that night.As I said in that brides post, I don't think it's about making the MOB feel more special than the MOG, it's just about making sure she feels special to her liking. If you wore you're favorite dress out and then someone else showed up wearing the same thing, it kind of steals your thunder.  As host for the night, you definitely want to be on your A game.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards