Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Poll: Knot Name

We haven't done this one in a while - with so many new "faces," thought it would be fun :)What is the origin of your Knot name?  How did you come up with it?  What does it mean?
Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!

Re: Poll: Knot Name

• LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband and I have a lot of nicknames for each other.  One of the orignals was Big Sweetie and Little Sweetie.  One night, I signed up on The Knot before we were engaged and giggled to myself that my "username" would be LittleSweetie.  Then, I discovered the boards and realized I couldn't change it!  Oh well - it stuck, and it's unique :)

• hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, username = email address (first intitial last name).  I signed up on the knot before using the message boards, and now I'm stuck with it.  So not creative or cute...
  • rkroerrkroer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same here --- first part of email address (first initial and partial last name) Not original or fun....but at least I know it's me!  :D
  • mrs.katematchmrs.katematch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's the AOL username (katematch) that my dad assigned to me back when I was like 10.  I've used it for everything ever since!  But since I've started going by Katrina and my last name changed, it doesn't fit quite as well.....
  • edited December 2011
    That's okay hkiesling.  Ditto, but mine is the same email I've had since highschool, so my grad year is included :)  So mine's first initial, half of last name and grad year.  Oh well, nothing like being reminded that you graduated 10+ years ago.
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    mine is my initials and my birthdate. bor-ing!
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    els - I thought you were just repeating the 83 - that's awesome it's your bday too!  I have a thing for numbers... My sister was 9/19/1991 (pretty cool).

• LMK613LMK613 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    i'm boring too...my initials & birthday...and it was my AOL name forever ago too...obviously my initials will be changing...but i guess i'm stuck with this name :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is my first name and middle name intials then last name.  It's my login and email address for everything.  I also started using the boards and realized I couldn't change it to something more exciting.I like the 8/3/83 bday.  Mine is 3/3/83.
  • edited December 2011
    This is a good poll Little Sweetie!  I've always wondered what others handles meant.
  • edited December 2011
    My dad gave me the nickname Sharkbait years back because Ive watched Shark Week on discovery for about 20 years. When I started working at an aquarium this was also my nickname/call name for the radios. I wanted to use it as my online name, but its taken already on most sites so I started using iheartsharks for everything. When I signed up here I just figured I would still use it instead of picking out a new name because its easy for me to remember.
  • periippaperiippa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My first and middle initials, and my last name. I signed up for the Knot several years ago when my sister was getting married and I was looking at bridesmaid stuff. I've thought about changing my screen name since then, because vendors look on here, and I don't want them to know what I might be asking or saying about them.
  • edited December 2011
    Mine comes from "our" nickname.. if you combine our last names together.. you get Felaney! <3
  • Kambria11Kambria11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am right up there in the unoriginal catergory. A screen name that I have ALWAYS used, and it is my first name. The 11 was always supposed to be my birthday of 1/10 but when I first used it, it wouldn't allow the 0, so it ended up being 11 instead of 110, and just always stuck.
  • edited December 2011
    SMorriso - first initial and part of my last name. Said like ess-MorrisoThen it got shortened to Smo/SMo when another knottie was too lazy to type the whole thing. It kind of stuck, and I'm called that IRL by friends now and on the boards. Erin - my sister's birthday is 8/2/82 haha.

Zuma Zoom
  • edited December 2011
    My email username from college. (I'm actually a Kate, not a Beka.) Bo-ring!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • doxx0048doxx0048 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is my user name from college.  At UMD they use the first 4 letters of your last name and 4 random numbers.  Well, since my last name is only 2 letters long I got stuck with DO and 2 Xs plus the 0048.Lame-O!
  • edited December 2011
    Ms.Ricka because I call my FI Ricka.  His name is Rick but when I used to get whiny I'd say "Rick-ahhhhhhhhh".  It stuck and now I call his Rick-ah all the time!Our friends started joking once we got engaged that I'd eventually be Mrs.Ricka.  I thought Ms.Ricka was the perfect Knot name and switched to it from eth_luv_2_sing a few months ago (it was my old aol name).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • opva0401opva0401 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beka, did you go to St. Cloud State?  Just a hunch with the screen name. Mine is from my old e-mail address from college (SCSU).  Not very creative, but it's the only way I could remember! 
  • edited December 2011
    Mine's not very creative - my name is Kate and my DH is Tyge, but people sometimes people call him Tyger and he's MY Tyger! :)
  • edited December 2011
    And mrs.ricka, that makes me think of the SNL skit with Amy Poehler as Caitlin where she says "Riiiiick, Rick, Rick, Rick" with a lisp all the time. Haha! I know mrs.katematch knows what I'm talkin' bout - she does a mad Caitlin impression.
  • threemarie24threemarie24 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh great post! My mom, sister and I all have "Marie" as our middle name, so my dad calls us his three-Marie's. I like it. It is also my email address, I guess I made this email address when I was 24 :)
    imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited December 2011
    Mine is from UMD also- first four letters of last name plus 4 digits, which I think they assign in chronological order.  Therefore, in the history of the U, I am the 1,282nd berg...  I'd like to change mine too, but didn't think it was allowed or possible.
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE the Amy Poehler skit.  So funny, I haven't seen that in awhile.  I might have to take a work break in a bit and find it online!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • mrs.katematchmrs.katematch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HAHAHA at the Rickkkkk-ah!  "Rrrrriiiiickkk, can I have a sip of your soda for sustinance???" Erin (els8383) -- I've known you for over 10 years, and your birthday for over 10 years, and I didn't put together that it's 8/3/83.  DER.
  • AimothyAimothy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for super original here.  He's Jim, & I'm Aim(ee) and we are getting married in '09.PP: You can 'change' your username, but you are really just creating a new account.  You would have to assign a new email to the account you are currently using, then create a new account with the email that used to be tied to your now old account.  Make sense? :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I think mine is pretty self explanatory!  I'm a SongBird!  I was always singing...with church, junior high choir, high school choir, showchoir.  Singing and music are my life.  I consider live music to be the equivalent of going to church for me...it's very spiritual.  The 531 is for May 31st...which is our dating anniversary.  I've been using SongBird531 for EVERYTHING! 
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine has been my aol screen name/e-mail since middle school. Bimbi has been my nickname from my family for as long as I can remember. It means child/baby in French I guess. the numbers are a combo of my fave # (28) and my year of birth (84).
  • KERJFKERJF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it is our initials combined. K -> my first name initial E -> my middle name intial R -> my maident lastname initial AND his first name intial J -> his middle name initial F -> his last name/our last name after marriage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Maria92609Maria92609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First name + wedding date.  Not very original, but like others, I didn't use the boards right away, nor did I realize when I signed up that you couldn't change it later :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards