Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

A-Z Topic of the Day: Undergarments

Good morning! Our topic for today (U) is... Tell us all about your wedding day undergarments! Are you wearing a bra, having cups sewn in, or free-boobing it?  Are you wearing a cute pair of customized underwear?  Who's wearing Spanx?  What about a crinoline, and are you dying it by chance? PIPs of course get extra credit.PIP Instructions: http://talk.theknot.com/boards/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=61206852
Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!

Re: A-Z Topic of the Day: Undergarments

• rkroerrkroer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea yet --- but I had to laugh (out loud at my desk even) about the "free-boobing it" --- that's hilarious!  I'm going to have to remember that one...ha!
  • edited December 2011
    Please, no PIP if you're "free-boobing it".  too funny Cups sewn in, spanx-like boy shorts, and hoop skirt (vs. crinoline).  I promised FI I'd "change into something more comfortable" (and cute) after the reception.  The hoop skirt sounds old-fashioned, but it gives a smoother appearance to the skirt and lets a little air "up there" (as my mom so eloquently put it).  It makes me laugh, 90210 flashback of Donna at prom.
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AJ&BJAJ&BJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No undergarmets for me - PIBJust kidding...I really haven't figured this out yet, but maybe I should before my alterations next month!!
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having cups sewn it and wearing some $14 suck-it-in shorts from Target.  I talked with Louise, and we agreed that since my dres is a ballgown with a very structured corset top, spanx wouldn't be any advantage (since lines won't show no matter what I wear).  I dyed my crinny bright orange. but the color looks more like this (bad flash):
  • LMK613LMK613 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    i think this is the first time i will ever be "free-boobing" (hehehe)...my dress has boning and a separate bra clasp in the back, so it really supports the 'girls' as for the rest....i got these boyshorts made in white... [img]http://tinyurl.com/mojhap[/img] with the crystals in Cobalt Blue...to match all of the other details (like my shoes, day-of-shirt, etc) [img]http://tinyurl.com/ljf74j[/img] should make for some cute getting ready shots :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Kambria11Kambria11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really lucked out.... I do get to "free boob it" since my dress has boning and a corset back. ( I swear no PIP or PIB) If they go anywhere, we have a serious problem. Then there is a small crinolin built into my skirt. So they only thing that I had to worry about was underwear. I made a cute blue pair that say in Rhinestones Mrs. M***** Est. 8-1-09
  • jaramlerjaramler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haven't seen a seamstress yet, but likely will be getting cups sewn in if my dress can handle it.  And for panties, I'll probably go with a Hanky Panky thong.  They are the most comfortable underwear ever, and are very discreet - which is necessary since my dress is very form fitting and sleek, so I can't have any panty lines showing.  Also they are very pretty, so double duty!  I'll have to test if I can do anything other than a nude tone, or if it will show through the dress.  So, white or nude, or possibly a pale blue.  I saw a really pretty pale blue pair of Hanky Panky at Nordstrom's the other week that said "bride" in rhinestones on it.  They were adorable. 
  • edited December 2011
    I have no clue about the top yet. I will probably be wearing a corset underneath the dress due to the shape of it all. I also purchased some spanx for below my dress, again due to the shape. I bought some blue lace undies as part of a 3-for$30 deal at VS.

Zuma Zoom
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doin' the free-boob too.  Somehow the dress just fit the girls perfectly with no support (which is surprising because I'm a DD).  Not the first time I've heard the term- my BM busted it out last week and I got a good laugh.  There's crinoline sewn into my dress and I'm keeping it the way it is.  As for undies, same BM said she would go shopping with me as she used to work at VS and loves that kind of stuff.  Another thing to add to that To-Do list...
  • edited December 2011
    Haha...I'll be free-boobing it!I'll get my cups sewn in and the just get some Spanx.  I'll prob buy some cute undies at Aerie (since I adore their stuff).  I'm gonna be a comfy bride.  Something like this...[img]<a href="http://tinyurl.com/md6urj" rel='nofollow'>http://tinyurl.com/md6urj</a>[/img]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Maria92609Maria92609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having cups sewn in, though I am a bit nervous about if it will be supportive enough.  I'm going to wait until my second alteration appointment before I go to plan B, since I think once it's a closer fit and the corset back is tightened better, I'll feel better about it (hopefully!) Am also planning on wearing spanx, but haven't decided on a style (see potential for plan B above :) ).  No crinoline (the skirt is already quite full), but will wear a hoop (but I'm having the dress shop make it smaller, so it's not quite so big).
  • edited December 2011
    I have no idea yet on my undergarments, but laughed out loud at my desk when I read free-boobing! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Are you wearing a bra, having cups sewn in, or free-boobing it? cups sewn into my dressAre you wearing a cute pair of customized underwear? White pair of Victoria's Secret thong that said "Bride" in blue on itWho's wearing Spanx? Nope What about a crinoline, and are you dying it by chance?  I wore crinoline and thought it would be uncomfortble and that I'd take it off after the ceremony but I was fine with it on.
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having cups sewn in (with some nice gel pads so they add a lil somethin extra) and I'm going to find some blue undies for my something blue. That's it!
  • KERJFKERJF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had no need for cups sewn in. i wore custom Mrs Lastname est. Date undies that i made wore a crinoline. was going to ditch it during the night and then forgot to take it off!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I'll do the cups sewn in thang...just seems like it would be more comfy since my dress will already be form fitting!I HIGHLY second the Hanky Panky choice. Seriously all I ever wear anymore! They have some cute "bride" ones at Bluebird Boutique on 50th and France that I may go with. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards