Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Newbie - PH brides please help!!!!!

Hey girls,I have been reading posts on here for a few months now but this is my first post.  I am getting married in Vegas in April 2011 - I am currently trying to figure out my budget to see how much I need to save.  I am looking for any advice at all but also have a few questions.Here is my current plan - getting married in PH and having an insuite reception there too.  I am thinking of going with the Mama Mia package, which includes 'cocktail and hor d'ourves reception for 50' ( I think I'll have around 50 guests) - is this reception any good?- I was sent a rock bar package and doesn't seem like much alcohol- also is it enough food for guests instead of a sit down dinner ( which i don't want to do)- don't really want to bother with outside caterers but did plan on bringing in my own alcohol for after the reception- how long does the reception lastIf anyone has done this package or knows more about it please give me some advice.Thank you so much x x x

Re: Newbie - PH brides please help!!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about that package specifically but I am having an in suite reception at PH. I am using their catering as I didn't want to bother without caterers.  They gave us a deal and we are having a buffet dinner for 50 guests for 50 a person.  This does not include alcohol.  They will not do a sit down dinner in a suite.  It really isn't possible. As for alcohol, I was planning to get my own but then I decide to go with Absolute Beverage as they provide alcohol and bartenders for 3 hours for 20 a person.  You can pay for extra hours for $125 per hour.  Your reception can last as long as you want, we are having people arrive around 530, food is coming at 7 and bar closes at 1230.  We think we might hit the bars after that.      
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to do the insuite reception at PH, but with all my upgrades I wanted the total was very high. It was cheaper for us to take everyone out to dinner with drinks than to do the insuite reception. The Rock Bar Package is horrible. I couldn't believe that you barely received any alcohol, but like you said you can sneak some up to the room. If PH says that the food is enough for 50 I would think they were right. I believe the suite is yours for the night so you can have people there as long as you would like.
  • Options
    LasVegas2011LasVegas2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice girls.  I had hoped you could just choose a package and everything would be included but doesn't seem to be that simple :(I do like the sound of the buffet dinner.  Are PH ok about you bringing in Absolute Beverages to your suite?  Also which suite is it you are having?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PH told me they have a don't ask, don't tell policy when it comes outside vendors.  However, I know other brides on here were told that when you book your wedding at PH as a package you cannot use outside vendors in the suite.  Since I'm not having my ceremony there this didn't matter to me.  Maybe someone with more info on that can help you. I am using the Apex Suite.   
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah I see. So i guess i need to figure out it is better to go with a package or request everything seperately - god this is getting confusing!!!Thanks for the help tho
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought my Vegas wedding was going to be a breeze to plan, but I did not turn out that way once I decided not to do the insuite reception. There is alot of researching you have to do to make sure you choose the right vendor from, hair, reception, ceremony, photography and whatever else. Everyone on here is great and helped alot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For the people using the Apex suite, have you seen it? We have the Apex suite booked for April but I am having trouble decideding on wedding colors because I have only seen the sutie in one you tube video, if anyone has pics i would love to see them email is horceez@hotmail.com
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I'm starting to see it's gonna be more work than I first thought.  That's partly why I chose Vegas - hassle - free.  Well thank god I found this place cause the help and advice on here is priceless!!!!Thanks for your comments x x
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards