Texas-San Antonio
Options

Mariachis??

Hello!!! I just wanted to ask for an opinion. I am originally from Mexico City and we will be having a lot of guests coming up for our wedding. Usually in Mexico, the mariachis play at the end of the reception, but my fiance wants them to play during the dinner. I really dont mind either way, I just want to go for what works better. The good thing about having them play for dinner is that since we are renting the place for 6 hours, we would only be using one hour for both dinner and mariachis, but if they play at the end, they would take away an hour from the actual dancing/party. Playing at the end is the tradition in Mexico, but a lot of our guests, who are not from Mex might not stay for the whole hour of mariachis and we might end up with only 30 people on our departure w sparklers....Please please please give me your suggestions!!!

Re: Mariachis??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on having my mariachis perform during the dinner reception.  I know someone who had them perform in the middle of the reception and a lot of people left.  Some people don't see it as a big thing to stay for.  Most weddings I've been to have the mariachis during the dinner.  If you really want to stick with the Mexican tradition, then do so.  Your guests might like the change.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also having them play during the dinner
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's all  a personal preference. I've seen some who have them play as they enter the reception or during the cocktail hour. There's a lot of options but for the sake of tradition if you're one who enjoys tradition then you should talk it over. Sure not all your guests will stay but it's their loss when you think about it.
  • Options
    novio2010novio2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree it is personal preference.  I have been to weddings where mariachis have played during dinner and later.  Both worked really well.  I personally think the mariachis set the mood for the rest of the night if they come during dinner.  Hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    although it should be completely up to you, i believe that typically here they are played during the dinner. that is when we will have them play. it provides good dinner music that's for sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards