Snarky Brides
Options

Groomz

Some hospitals and hospital systems are now paying the Cobra dues for patients in order to keep them insured. I know that the ones that do it go out of their way for patients with chronic conditions. I don't know all the ins and outs of it and what you need to qualify, I only recently found out about it with a search I was doing. I have no idea how much you want to research it but thought you might want to know.

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy

Re: Groomz

• Options
    Good to know.  I haven't heard anything about this.  Did you find it by searching hospitals? 
    3 out of 4 dead babies agree! pepsi is better than coke! - EdithBouvierBeale
    Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
    I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
    It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali
  • Options
    i am looking for an revenue cycle executive for one of our regions. 2 different candidates i talked to had put this policy in place for their clients when their bad debt started to rise with the recession. one ins. co. threatened  to sue but didn't. so far nothing has come to light indicating the practice is illegal.

Book Review Blog

• Options
    How expensive is COBRA?  Is it whatever the employer was paying? 
  • Options
    my understanding the the employer's cost plus a small administrative fee (optional) so at a bigger company cheaper than at a smaller one.

Book Review Blog

• Options
    Yep.  Basically, you would stay on the plan you were on while employed, but pick up 100% of the cost (usually the employer picks up most of the cost).  Currently the government is subsidizing 65% of the cost for 9 months in cases where the employees are laid off due to financial strain.  So it's not as bad as it was, but still, unemployment is not a lot of money, and even 35% of the cost can be tough to come up with.
    Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
    I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
    It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali
  • Options
    groomz, does the employer have to certify that is why you were laid off?

Book Review Blog

• Options
    Did any of your employees look into personal plans?  We did that here because one ee's has cancer and was jacking up everyone's insurance.  One 30 something guy got his for only $175 a month.  Its a decent plan too.
  • Options
    I'm not sure yet about certifying.  The company actually has to put up the 65% on the front end, and then request a tax credit at the end of the quarter.  So I'm sure we'll need to make some kind of statement when that time comes.
  • Options
    well that sucks Groomz. That will encourage unscrupulous employers to try to fire for cause so that they don't have to do it. especially in a rough economic time when they need the $

Book Review Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards