edited December 2011
    Alf you silly but im with you!
    Anniversary
    161image 131image 10image20image RSVP Date August 1
  • Options
    oburrelloburrell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Simply cutting calories! Honestly I went about it in 4 stages (this is going to be long!) 1. Research. I started reading health articles on MSN, Prevention, TK's GIS board, etc. I researched various diets and decided that Slim Fast was best for me because it's cheap and easy. I decided to cut my calories to no more than 1300 a day. 2. I did Slim Fast for 2 months and lost 15 pounds! I had a shake for breakfast and lunch and had a healthy dinner. I started tracking my calories on myplate.com and stuck to it. The biggest thing for me was cutting sweets and PORTION CONTROL. I had to learn that it's okay to not eat everything on the plate. It's okay to only have 1 piece of chicken, or cake and it's okay to tell your family/friends/coworkers that you don't want any cake/cookies. They will still like you!3. I started exercising. I went to the gym at my apartment for 30 mins 3-4 times a week and stayed on the treadmill. I bought a mp3 player and jogged (eventually) to the music. I also  bought the Shred DVD and that actually helped w/toning. I lost a lot of inches on my arms thanks to Jillian Micheals. I need to go back on that!4. Consistency yet variety. I plateued for 4-5 months because I would lose weight and then get happy and pig out or stop exercising. I just realized that I was getting bored w/my routine and food, so I've joined a gym and started there. I go on the treadmill for 30 mins and do speed and incline intervals. I highly recommend doing this-you can get a great workout by walking slow but increase the incline very high. Then I do the group class which is different every day-like yesterday I did kickboxing for the 1st time and I freaking loved it! Great way to get WD related stress out.So, that's about it. Losing weight is a journey but it's worth it. I can run now w/out breathing too hard, I have my waist again, and my FI can't stop grabing me. After the WD I'm going to lose the last 20-30 pounds and I'll be happy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oburrell - you know I printed out your "WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY" post, right?!...LOL!...but in all honesty, I feel good cuz just about everything you've said I started doing about 3 wks ago and I feel alot better about myself...I have not weighed myself yet (waiting until the end of August) because I want to do a full 6 wks of counting my calories - which I decided to do no more than 1350 daily - and working out 3 to 4 times a day...so hopefully I will see some results going this route...thank you for taking the time in putting out your routine for all of us to be inspired by cuz it does help to see how a plan works for each person. BTW, we are working on Jullian Michaels workout book today and that bish is crazy but I love it cuz you get a great work out!!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    correction:  I work out 3 to 4 times a WEEK not a day...LOL!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do The Shred too!! Jill will get ur butt in gear!! I'm on level 2 but I haven't done it everyday but about 3x a week.  It feels great when the level get easier and easier until I feel strong enuff to move up to the next level.  Level 1 was an accomplishment, level 2 is a challenge and it feels great!!Thanks again Oburrell.  You look fabulous!!  My shero
  • Options
    MrsJJohnson2BMrsJJohnson2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    were can i get Shed I tried everything I have 400 das until the big day and this weight is coming off
    Anniversary
    161image 131image 10image20image RSVP Date August 1
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards