African American Weddings

So

My Husbands Mother told me I need to learn some discipline and I told them both that they need to kiss my azz and hows that for discipline!!!Was I wrong? If I was who cares...
Mr. and Mrs. Jones est. 10/18/2008

Re: So

• ak1226ak1226 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, you offered your oponion after she offered hers.
  • edited December 2011
    hold it, hold it ((picture me as the school teacher who just looked down her glasses at you...LOL!)) first I need to know what did MIL mean by "you need to learn some discipline" and then I need for you to tell me exactly what tone you used with MIL, with that info, I will be able to give an informed opinion of your response...
  • edited December 2011
    lol, you know my answer!
  • edited December 2011
    Learn some discipline . . . oh really?! I can say you are a woman after my own heart (;0) - FMIL doesnt even really try to say anything to be cuz I'm liable to pop off - you said your piece, let that rest.
  • edited December 2011
    LOL Alf you are too funny! Anyway I walked in the room and my Husband was on the phone with her and I said "when are you going to start working on Thursday", because he briefly mention it when I walked by and then I said Hi to her while he is on the phone, then he hands me the phone and she said, "you need to learn some discipline if you want to keep your husband" and "I said "who are you talking to" and I said he needs to learn some if he wants to keep me". She is still going on and onThen with a straight attitude I said you both can kiss my azz how about that.
  • edited December 2011
    Ummm, really?  Learn some discipline?  How about she learn to keep her mouth shut and stay out of married folks' business?  She was out of line, you were right.
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    lol, was ol girl talking about you talking to him while he was on the phone?
  • edited December 2011
    Umph - Girl Bye!. . . Now it'd be one thang if yall were cool like that - but even if you were . . . you aint no kid, and must be doing something right to have her son - yo' husband . . . in the first damn place - oh girl ooooohhhh! The cuss be rising up in me when folk get silly - let me calm myself down - I can feel the cuss coming up strong. I forget all grammer and syntax when folk get my pressure up and MIL's do it in a heartbeat - they just crazy! Didn't you just loan her some money?!? Where was the "discipline" you need then?!? Girl oooh -
  • edited December 2011
    Ooooo, well you know how the old school folk do it. Don't know if I would have gone to the "kiss my azz" area (lol), but she definitely overstepped her boundary by commenting on your marriage.
  • edited December 2011
    ladysun- yes thats what she was talking about. Rajah- hell yeah and she still haven't paid me back.  I am about to be like those bill collectors and start calling every 15 min.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm too through now! I am already praying - I know I am gonna have to have some stored up prayers for MIL situations. I'm sorry but I dont think you were wrong!
  • EliNickEliNick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ROFL...LMBO...ROFL...LMBOShe SO deserved that...
  • blue19violetblue19violet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is the same woman whose bills you are helping to pay? I don't agree with cussing out elders but I'm mgonna have to ask God for a pass on this one. Stupid woman is biting the hand that's generously feeding her.
  • edited December 2011
    Blue, I agree, I don't usually disrespect elders that way, but she pissed me off. I should have know our truce would end quickly.
  • edited December 2011
    WOW...yea, you were right to go there.  She needs to learn to stay out of couples business!! She was definitely over stepping there.
  • edited December 2011
    on the floor i love it no u werent wrong because mothers need to realize the "in law" is just that talk to ur kid like that not me.... Still chuckling
  • OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't even imagine my mother saying something like that to me, let alone my husband's mother. She's lucky that she wasn't there in person or you probably would have shown her what discipline looks like!
  • edited December 2011
    WOW! That's really messed up! I can't say that I dont blame you!!
  • edited December 2011
    You weren't wrong @ all to me.. She was wrong because she's not married to her son u are and she don't run your household or your marriage.. she needs to butt out!
  • Venetian10Venetian10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladies, ladies, ladies. Whether you like your MIL or not , if you marry her son you also marry the MIL.  That is his mother and I think you should show her some respect.
  • edited December 2011
    I want to know what your FI and her said after you said that?
  • edited December 2011
    Lawd...lmao...I can't imagine...People do need to stay out of couples' business. If you're not a part of the couple, don't get involved. End of story.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    LMAO..... A woman after my own heart..... That would have been precisely my response. No further words needed honestly.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    ok so sorry, I went to lunch to workout and eat a bite afterwards...soooooooooo, after reading what transpired before this comment from you, no you were not wrong in your reaction to her, actually she was in the wrong!...alot of MIL think their son's are the air that we breath, that they may be BUT that has nothing to do with us treating our men like they OWN us or have a say in how we talk...and on top of that, SHE WAS OUT OF LINE TOTALLY...you were talking to your husband, not her, so for her to come at you sideways she should have expected a sideways comment from you -- THE END!!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Venetian- as far as respect goes, its a two way street, if you want respect you need to show it no matter who you are.Crystalis- What can either one of them say?See I have been taking care of myself for a long time and have no time to "cater' or "bow down" to anyone just because he put a ring on my finger. My husband knows that his mother was very wrong for that comment, so he knew not to come at me with any BS.  Now if I was wrong he would definitely have something to say.I never regret anything I say, because I usually mean what I say so why give an empty apology for something I mean.
  • withmikewithmike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG why did they say that?  That wasnt very nice but I probably would have told them the same thing!
  • edited December 2011
    How's that for the Loan Company giving her behind a good cursing out. Believe Wana I know the deal, she will get over it. I probably would been like who the f**k are YOU to talking to. You know us MIAMI women, we are Crazy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards