Snarky Brides
Options

Sarah

I want to see the finished paint job. I love the pattern you guys are using. I want to copy that idea in my house somehow, but I've got crazy vaulted and cathedral ceilings that run at angles.

Re: Sarah

• Options
    I only have super crappy cell phone pics here, but I finished up all of the painting last night (I'm in denial about all of the touching up I need to do around the trim).  So I'll take some tonight after I've put the room back together.We changed the pattern and shape a bit but it's not that different from the pic I posted.  The person I got that from did an entire wall in that pattern in her powder room.  I think that design works better in a repeating pattern rather than one row, so maybe it could be something you could do with vaulted ceilings.Here is her bio (look for powder room):[url]http://myst33.weebly.com/[/url]I have to warn you though.  I think the end result was worth it, but there will be no more stenciling in my house.  It is a LOT of work and a LOT of time.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Options
    Oh I'm sure it's a PITA. Absolutely. Just painting in general...ugh. I'm burned out. The only thing that made me finish it was knowing that my furniture was getting delivered last night. Then, I opened my glorious, beautiful bedspread, and found that it was actually just a queen. It was marked as a king in one spot, and a queen in another. So i tried to return it and get the king, but it's gone. Now, all my curtains and accent pillows will have to get rematched to my new bedding. I am so over the shopping.
  • Options
    Wow, that powder room would only happen in my Forever Home. I am not convinced that I'm going to be my current house for more than 5 years. So yeah, that's gorgeous but not for me. The couple on thisyounghouse.com did horizonal stripes in their powder room. That wouldn't be too bad. I like the DIY word canvas, but her directions sound like it took forever. I don't have that type of patience. I am going to start working on my fireplace art soon. I got a big 30 x 40 canvas at Michaels a couple weeks ago. I need to start working on it, but I feel like there are a million projects that need done first. 
  • Options
    I need to start working on it, but I feel like there are a million projects that need done first. This is how I feel about every single thing in my house.  furniture delivery was our big bedroom motivation too.  although I just finished painting yesterday and our furniture was delivered on the 15th, so I suck.We bought a house that needed a LOT of cosmetic work.  We knew what we were getting into, but damn.  I'm starting to wish we had just spent $20k more on a smaller house that didn't need so much work.  Every project we do, though, I feel like it's worth the time and money when we're done.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Options
    I love, love that loft.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards