Rhode Island

Co-officiants - Recommendations Please!

My FI is Jewish and I am Episcopalian.  Neither of us is very religious but it is important, to my family especially, that God be a part of our ceremony.  So, we thought it would be really neat if we could find a Rabbi and a Priest to co-officiate our ceremony.  I have found several Rabbi's online who are willing to do this but I have not come accross any priests (it does not have to be an Episcopalian priest).  I feel like I have read about ex-priests who become JPs and perform wedding ceremonies.  This would be a great option for us.  If you have any recommendations for officiants that you think fit our requirements please let me know.Thanks!

Re: Co-officiants - Recommendations Please!

• alfearingalfearing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Rev. John (Skip) Sweeney for our ceremony. He's non-denominational, but he is an ordained minister and is totally willing to customize your ceremony, and I can't imagine him saying that he wouldn't co-officiate. nondenomwedding.comGL!
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard good things about the Rev. Charles Cavalconte, a former priest, out of Bristol. He also works with his wife, the Rev. Cheryl Cavalconte.
  • edited December 2011
    These recommendations are great.  I have already sent emails!  I like the idea of a former Catholic priest as that is very similar to the Episcopalian religion and a lot of my family members are actually Catholic.  Side question - did you invite your officiant to the reception even if you did not know them personally? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards