African American Weddings

And then...it starts. *Knottie Vent*

Continuing with the threads of friends, BMs and family who don't know how to act... So one of my girls is the Flower Diva, handling the flowers for me, the reception, the ceremony, BMs, and whatever. A pretty big undertaking and I delegated everything to her (which I might need to take back in a min...you'll see). She's also helping with the registry. This heffa had the nerve to get pissy at me because I didn't make her an 'official' member of the bridal party. I simply looked at her and said, 'Sweetie, you're invited to a wedding that most of our friends want to go to and several members of my own family won't be going to. Not to mention you're playing one of the biggest roles in the wedding by handling some of the decor. And you're pissy over not being a member of the bridal party?' I wanted to ask her if the title of being a BM was that f&**^#$ important? So yeah...it's already starting...Calgon take me away....
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: And then...it starts. *Knottie Vent*

• Bambi GrahamBambi Graham member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    girl this is just the beginning, wait until you get deep into the planning. All you will see is catniess and claws coming out of people. This is the calm before the storm...lol
  • candydipcandydip member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that it is irritating but try not to take it to heart.  She is thinking like a lot of people the bridal party is very important and most people only pick the closest family and friends to participate. I am sure she is happy to do the flowers but she may will let out.
  • candydipcandydip member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry about the mistype.  She may feel left out not being in the wedding party.
  • edited December 2011
    were you planning on doing a special mention for her in your wedding program??...if so, tell her because she is doing something that is of importance - the flowers & decor...but if you weren't planning on doing that, I think you should...HTH!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Well, I created another website similar to my planning bio for all the guests and she's mentioned on there along with her picture. I also have several other people mentioned as well with their pictures. I did that intentionally so when my family asks who that person was, everyone would know ahead of time. But get this...the number of guests is only 45 and she knows that. So everyone will know who everyone is by the end of the night. I'm trying not to take it to heart too much. I think I'm more annoyed than anything. But it's like the saying, you can't please everyone all the time. But if this is the calm before the storm...FI and I are eloping!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards