New Hampshire

Poll: Getting to know you (Random)

1. What is the "weirdest" food you have ever consumed?2. What do you keep in the trunk of your car?3. What is your favorite commercial? (Past OR Present)4. If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why?5. What do you miss most about childhood?

Re: Poll: Getting to know you (Random)

• Mrs BabsMrs Babs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is the "weirdest" food you have ever consumed? I used to mix OJ and milk when I was a kid b/c I thought it tasted like a creamsicle. My sister and I used to make weird concoctions with whatever we could find in the kitchen. I'm not sure if I ever ate them tho. 2. What do you keep in the trunk of your car? A blanket 3. What is your favorite commercial? (Past OR Present). The cottonell commercial with the yellow lab puppy. He's so cute when he works out at the gym with his headband. 4. If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why? Probably American Idol b/c I love it and I love singing (even if I suck...) 5. What do you miss most about childhood? Having no responsibilities and no bills!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    1. What is the "weirdest" food you have ever consumed?Probably "fishies" as my DH calls them. Small anchovies cooked with Korean spices. He eats them as a side dish. I tried them when we were in Korea. They freaked me out - they have eyes. 2. What do you keep in the trunk of your car?Summer = My beach chair. Winter = My snow remover. True NH Girl!3. What is your favorite commercial? (Past OR Present) It was a Sonic commercial where the guy was pronouncing the "WR" in "Wrap, Wrench, Wrestle, etc." the English teacher in me died every time. Hilarious! 4. If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why?Hmmmmm. Probably Big Brother. Only because I am currently obsessed with it. Every summer I say I am not going to watch - every summer I get sucked in! 5. What do you miss most about childhood?Everything. I miss sleep overs with friends, being outside all day long and not coming in until it was time for dinner, walking around barefoot ALL THE TIME, not having to worry about bills, crushing on neighborhood boys, experiencing everything for the FIRST time.
  • edited December 2011
    Babs - my friends and I TOTALLY used to drink oj and milk. Sometimes we put sugar in it too!
  • edited December 2011
    1. What is the "weirdest" food you have ever consumed? There's no one specific food, my mom would make random meals that we nicknamed "dinner surprise" and it was just a mix of anything and everything we had in the house. no so good.. lol2. What do you keep in the trunk of your car? ice scrapper (yup all year, you never know haha) and an umbrella3. What is your favorite commercial? (Past OR Present) I loved the BK King ads when they first came out4. If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why? Dancing with the stars, I just love dancing and it looks like they have fun5. What do you miss most about childhood? Being able to hang out with friends more, not having to work everyday, sleepovers, making music videos w/my moh lol
  • maggiecroteaumaggiecroteau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Hmmm...I am such a wimp about food that I don't eat a lot of weird things.  I think Oxtail was pretty weird--and not super tasty! 2.  Umbrella, reusable grocery bags, yoga mat (that I never use) 3. I love those Rice Crispies commercials with the mom and daughter having Rice Crispies as a snack--it made me so emotional, because my grammy and I used to do that.  4.  The Amazing Race--I LOVE to travel and I have a pretty good sense of direction. 5.  Summers at the pool, riding my bike to Stop&Shop and gorging on penny candy.  Those were the days. 
  • edited December 2011
    1. What is the "weirdest" food you have ever consumed?I eat a lot of weird foods: ostrich, alligator, rabbit, goat - in college I used to mix rice with ketchup and call it dinner (same for toast and ketchup)2. What do you keep in the trunk of your car?Emergency road side kit, first aid kit, chairs, work brochures, during my fall travel season - I usually have extra pairs of shoes and coats back there3. What is your favorite commercial? (Past OR Present)I used to see it when I was on the road - I don't think Travelers Insurance was popular here.  But it's the "Traveler's Insurance Rabbit Foot commercial" [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp7Uc5a_XRE[/url]4. If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why?The Biggest Loser - boot camp and weight loss competitions kind of fascinate me. 5. What do you miss most about childhood?Not much... I was an awkward, shy child - I guess I miss mixing milk and OJ  :)
  • edited December 2011
    1. What is the "weirdest" food you have ever consumed?When I was a kid I used to eat raw egg noodles and peanut butter2. What do you keep in the trunk of your car?Emergency kit3. What is your favorite commercial? (Past OR Present)I'm currently a fan of the Car Fox commericals4. If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why?I'd like to say survivor but I'm pretty sure I'd drown or starve. So I'll go with the Amazing Race, the sites they see are amazing.5. What do you miss most about childhood? Not having a care in the world
    My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • JessnJamesNHJessnJamesNH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. My mom was a single mom so, my brother and I would be at home alone together while she worked. We would create all kinds of weird foods. I honestly can't remember any of them but I remember they were nasty but we ate them. 2. blanket, emergency kit and usually a bag of stuff to go to the salvation army. 3. Usually anything with children is my favorite. Most recent the band aid commercial. 4. I have been saying how much I would love to be on Dance your a$$ off. I love to dance and I need to lose tons of weight. I really wish they did a couples one though. 5. I miss seeing my siblings every day. It is amazing how much you fight as kids but you miss everything about them when they move away. :-(
  • edited December 2011
    Good ones!1. Kangaroo (kinda the saddest, too...)2. I can't resist.... my junk.  lol.  Seriously, nothing but reusable shopping bags and extra dog poop bags.3. Hmmm... I hate commercials.  I don't think I have one.  4. So You Think You Can Dance.  Big fan here.  Wish I could dance, too.5. Hanging out at the pool with my best friend!
  • edited December 2011
    1. What is the "weirdest" food you have ever consumed? octopus? only a small taste though... not a fan!2. What do you keep in the trunk of your car? a blanket and flashlight3. What is your favorite commercial? (Past OR Present) being from pittsburgh, probably the penguin "du-bi-du-bi-du"4. If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why? hrmm... i'm going to ace of cakes! does that count as a reality show? i'm slightly obsessed with cake decorating!5. What do you miss most about childhood? everything! haha.. i miss being at home with my big family... now we're all over the WORLD and we rarely get to see one another at the same time in one place!
  • edited December 2011
    1. What is the "weirdest" food you have ever consumed?  Venison?  Squid?  Nothing really weird I don't think...2. What do you keep in the trunk of your car?  oil, antifreeze, tranny fluid, blankets, and lots of other crap.3. What is your favorite commercial? (Past OR Present) Bud Light Real men of genius <34. If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why?  none of them...they are all terrible lol!5. What do you miss most about childhood?  Being able to eat whatever I want and not get fat.
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • edited December 2011
    1. What is the "weirdest" food you have ever consumed? Umm nothing weird...I am picky, and will not try anything 2. What do you keep in the trunk of your car? ehh the cloth bag that madelines daughter gave me 3. What is your favorite commercial? (Past OR Present) not sure 4. If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why? so you think you can dance :) but I wouldnt even make it on haha 5. What do you miss most about childhood? that the year took forevvver (although I want it to be next oct now haha)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • PokesPokes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is the "weirdest" food you have ever consumed? Im a chubba so Ill eat anything.. done the Kangaroo, Alligator, squid type stuff. Can't really think of anything else weird off the top of my head2. What do you keep in the trunk of your car?Chair, Johns Baseball stuff, and baby wipes (even with a 9 year old they are still VERY handy!)3. What is your favorite commercial? (Past OR Present) The VW one with the prius.... "whats yours sound like?....woooooo... Dats cool"... Bill and I now have to make the pirus sound everytime we see one!4. If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why? Amazing Race... I want to travel the world and its probably the best way for me to do it!5. What do you miss most about childhood? Not having to worry about anything... just got to be a kid, no responsibilty, no morgage.. just fun!
  • edited December 2011
    Pokes!  I love that commercial too!!!  Dats cool. 1.  Not sure... I like almost everything I've had, so I guess I don't think it's weird? 2. Towels.  Always pack a towel.3.  Presently:  Hillshire Farms "Go Meat" - I said a brat/beef kielbasa/hot smoked sausage/cheddar wuuuurst! 4.  I can't stand reality shows.5.  I miss my parents cooking dinner every night.
  • Starfish724Starfish724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is the "weirdest" food you have ever consumed? I'm a pretty big wimp about "weird" food, so I think the strangest would have to be deer. Which I had no idea I was eating until after I was finished.2. What do you keep in the trunk of your car? Extra motor oil, a stroller and a fold up chair.3. What is your favorite commercial? (Past OR Present) I generally enjoy the mastercard commercials. 4. If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why? Probably Dancing with the Stars because it looks like so much fun. I'd rather be on a game show though - I love the price is right!5. What do you miss most about childhood? Being carefree. No bills, no big obligations, no big responsibilities. Plus I miss enjoying the summer instead of being in an office all day.
  • lilybrad10lilybrad10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is the "weirdest" food you have ever consumed?Frog legs.2. What do you keep in the trunk of your car? Ice scraper3. What is your favorite commercial? (Past OR Present)The back to school Staples commercial The Most Wonderful Time of the Yearrrrrrrr.4. If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why?  I dont watch reality tv.5. What do you miss most about childhood? Having someone take care of everything for me.
  • lilybrad10lilybrad10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh how could I forget Give me that Filet o Fish gimme that fish!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    1. What is the "weirdest" food you have ever consumed? oh man...well, as a good little lebanese girl, i eat raw kibbee occasionally....which is more than a little gross. 2. What do you keep in the trunk of your car? don't have a car...take public transportation everywhere! 3. What is your favorite commercial? (Past OR Present) oh this is a good one...and i vaguely remember a fedex or ups commercial from the super bowl a few years ago where the lollipop guild from the wizard of oz ran out of helium because it wasn't delivered on time and they had these really deep, manly voices and it was hilarious. 4. If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why? well, as i hope to one day be considered a star, i want to be on dancing with the stars. and i am a not good. not at all. 5. What do you miss most about childhood? we used to live in york, ME all summer and all of my childhood memories are of being on the beach with my family and spending hours in the ocean and then going downtown and eating fried seafood!
  • edited December 2011
    1. What is the "weirdest" food you have ever consumed? i didn't consider it weird, but I've had squid, eel (mmm...sushi...), venison, etc...2. What do you keep in the trunk of your car? Blankets, FI's travel tool kit (always be prepared), a chair in the summer and a scrapper in the winter... Although right now wedding things have crept out of the apartment and into the car in transition to my mum's 3. What is your favorite commercial? (Past OR Present) I loved the old frog Budddd-weeeeissss-errrr commercials when they came out during the super bowl4. If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why? Reality TV is my guilty pleasure...The Amazing Race- To travel, Clean Sweep- To get better organized although there isn't much to sweep, and What not to wear-Sometimes I get into style ruts...5. What do you miss most about childhood? I loved summer camp, sand in your bathing suit at the end of a great beach day because you rode so many waves, and just the carefree attitude that comes with being a kid...
  • edited December 2011
    ...clarification, I don't miss the sandy feeling, but rather the things that caused the sand to get there...riding waves, plopping yourself into the sand without worrying about it sticking to you and running around all day...  sounded a bit strange to miss the sand in my bathing suit ;)
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is the "weirdest" food you have ever consumed? I used to eat oreos dipped in peanut butter, 2. What do you keep in the trunk of your car? we went to the cape a month ago and I still haven't cleaned it out, so beach chair, crock pot, amoungst FI's ski helmet and goggles and other car related materials. 3. What is your favorite commercial? (Past OR Present) The dalmatian training the clydesdale horse for anheuser busch 4. If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why? So you think you can dance....if I could still dance 5. What do you miss most about childhood? The anticipation of Christmas morning
  • Luv2Cook27Luv2Cook27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is the "weirdest" food you have ever consumed?Hmm.. well I went to culinary school, so there is a lot, and I will try anything once.... Ostrich, moose, deer, frog, rabbit, but probably the worst was Sweetbreads ( glands of the animal) IT was YUCKY2. What do you keep in the trunk of your car? Its not really a trunk, but Yoga Mat, Emergency Roadside kit, umbrella, blanket, a jack and tools (all hidden neatly)3. What is your favorite commercial? (Past OR Present) The Boston Bruins bear commercial4. If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why? Probably Dancing with the Stars,  there seems to be the least amount of Drama, and I really want to learn how to ballroom dance5. What do you miss most about childhood? There is a lot I miss. Being care free, not worrying about money, being able to play all day, riding bikes with friends, sleepovers, and more!  I miss being a kid (some days)   
    ~*Emily*~
    Wedding Bio

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    yayB I love those commercials too! I always get the song stuck in my head after :) And love the Bruins Bear commercial as well LuvstoCook!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Mmmmm Oreos dipped in PB :PNot weird at all!!!
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • karynjoelkarynjoel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanna play!! 1. I went through a Vegetarian phase but still loved the taste of McDonalds cheeseburgers. So I used to order them without meat.  You can just imagine the dumbass teenagers at McDs that would stare at my blankly. 2.  Currently, my bridal shower gifts. I havent taken them in the house yet. In the winter, I keep a snow shovel and a blanket. 3.  It's actually a PSA for adopting teenagers.  It has some parent doing something obnoxious. and then it says "You don't have to be perfect to be a perfect parent. There are thousands of teens in foster care who would LOVE to put up with you."  Makes me smile everytime. 4.  Extreme Makeover Home Edition. I don't have a sob story but they can come redo my house anytime and I will still cry and be thankful as hell!5.  Having energy.  I used to play and swim and ride bikes all day and never be tired.
  • edited December 2011
    1. What is the "weirdest" food you have ever consumed? I dont even know... 2. What do you keep in the trunk of your car? Live in NYC, no car 3. What is your favorite commercial? (Past OR Present) Bacardi's Mojito commercial cuz it plays Matt & Kim's "Daylight" and I luuuurve that song. 4. If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why? DANCING WITH THE STARS!!!! 5. What do you miss most about childhood? My clothes, so fashionable now
  • edited December 2011
    Jenna, I looooove that song!
  • edited December 2011
    1.) Weirdest food is Oysters... it got stuck in my throat yuck!!2.) In the trunk is a box for Salvation Army (Same as Jess) windshield washer fluid and stuff I need to bring to UPS to return (prob too late now LOL)3.) Can't really think of a fav commerical.. I rarely watch live tv anymore.. I heart my DVR4.) Hands down 'The Real Housewives - Orange County or New Jersey' Love love love that show :)5.) I miss having the summer off when I was a kid and getting vacations during the rest of the year with out having to take a 'vacation day' off from work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • AmyLou09AmyLou09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) I used to take a Peanut Butter, Miracle Whip and Sweet Pickle sandwich to school every single day until like 3rd grade when I realized it grossed everyone out.  No lie I would probably still eat this if someone made it for me.2) a blanket, tire fixing equipment, a flashlight possibly and David's softball stuff3) Hmm I was always a fan of the Budweiser frog commercials.  I wont lie I'm terrible at remembering commercials cuz I always fastforward through them. 4) The Rw/RR challenges but ONLY the challenge seasons because I think some of the stuff they have to do is awesome. 5) playing games like kick the can and hide the belt outside until it gets dark!  and not having to worry about money or work. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • matchbox920matchbox920 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is the "weirdest" food you have ever consumed? Fried banana? I don't know, really. I like to try lots of things...2. What do you keep in the trunk of your car? Currently, my snow tires. Probably should take those out of there...3. What is your favorite commercial? (Past OR Present) I loved that Petsmart commercial with the bulldogs! Awwwww!4. If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why? Something w/animals or maybe Obsessed, because I work with those kinds of people.5. What do you miss most about childhood? Waking up on the weekends and having n-o-t-h-i-n-g to do!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards