Rhode Island
Options

Do we NEED a cardbox?

I think the card box ideas are really cute, but do we really need one?  I'm getting married at Quidnessett, does the venue provide anything?  What do you do with the cards if there is no card box?  Just put them on the table?  I'm lost.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do we NEED a cardbox?

• Options
    cherish105cherish105 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I think guests would be confused if there wasn't anything to place the cards in.  We used a tall, wide vase.  It was simple and reusable after the wedding.  As a guest, I wouldn't want to just place my card on a pile of cards.
  • Options
    MrsDtoBe2009MrsDtoBe2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, you need something. I was at a lovely wedding in March.  There was no cardbox.  The Bride is pretty sure envelopes were stolen.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would reccomend yes.  Cards like PP can get stolen.  I have been hearing about it more and more.  I plan to do a card box and after the reception has started the card box will be put away.
  • Options
    jwilsonwcrijwilsonwcri member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask them if they have on you can use. My venue offered one but I made my own. PIB.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP's...You need something...doesn't have to be fancy!
    J & J 09.05.09 |My Blog | Married Bio

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    melinda478melinda478 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would get something and it doesn't have to be fancy or expensive. We used a really big fish bowl.
  • Options
    psyripsyri member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is my one and only (minor) complaint about Quidnessett. I had a card box (got it for $7 at a craft store), and Quidnessett did not put it out. I guess they didn't realize it was the card box? So they put out a basket for cards. Ask if they still have a basket.By the time I realized the card box wasn't out, it was too late to do anything. No one other than me knew the box wasn't out. Quidnessett found a solution.
    Karen 7.28.07

Running on the Rhode

I hate you very much
  • Options
    sg123sg123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree.  You definitely need something.  How about a birdcage? 
  • Options
    chixfilachixfila member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't want to buy one you can always just grab a basket that you have around the house and tie a pretty ribbon on it.  I think that's all the guests really expect. 
  • Options
    spesh37spesh37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another option - which is what I am doing - is asking my caterer (Blackstone) to bring me a silver tray for envelopes and they agreed to do this. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards