California-Los Angeles

Do I need to have activity baskets for the kids?

Our reception borders a park so we thought that the kids would enjoy running around there. We do have a lot of kids attending (well I haven't gotten an RSVP's) yet so I don't know exactly yet.  Do you think the park would be enough to entertain them? We are really on a tight budget and I don't want to buy stuff that won't end up being used.
Dayattheracessiggie Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Do I need to have activity baskets for the kids?

• edited December 2011
    Depending on how young the kids are, you could totally do a kids only table and have it covered in butcher paper and have a bucket of crayons  for them to draw with on the paper, some stickers at each place setting for each kid so everyone gets some. You could also make the centerpiece a bucket of lolly pops or something similar like that. Making it a group thing will be much more economical too. They will enjoy the freedom of the park but you may want them in a more controlled situation during any special moments like speeches or first dance etc. Hope that helps and good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We had a couple of kids and they were fine.  They ran around and danced and stuff. I thought about doing it, but as it got closer I couldn't spare the time or money.  I guess it depends on how old the kids are and how you feel about them being out on the dance floor.
  • SMHubbardSMHubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you do decide to go for it, Target and Michael's dollar bins are a great place to get things for the kids to do!
  • NillaWafersNillaWafers member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the great ideas!
    Dayattheracessiggie Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards