California-Los Angeles
Options

photobook pens

I know this has been asked before but I was stupid and didn't write it down and now I can't find the post. What is the brand of that pen for signing the guestbook?

Re: photobook pens

• Options
    erika13parrerika13parr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    slick writers, they have them at michaels
  • Options
    SMHubbardSMHubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was gonna ask about this too. Thanks ladies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For my photobook, I tried a few different pens (wrote on a photo and see if it smeared). The one I liked best was the Sakura photo pen. It had a nice size and didn't smudge at all. I got it at Michaels.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Penalty - I think I bought a Sakura pen last night, I'll have to double check when I get home. But when I tested it, I had to wait like a min for it to dry before it wouldn't smudge. It said it was quick dry so I thought like 20secs max maybe. Am I just expecting too much?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had no smudging at all on our guest book.  The slick writers seemed to dry withing a few seconds.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, that's great! I'm going to run to Michael's on my lunch and pick some up. Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I tested, I did not give it any time to dry- I rubbed on it with my finger immediately after writing. The photo pens worked the best for me and did not smudge on my test runs. It's a dark gray pen.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I double checked and it was a Sakura pen, but maybe it's because I got a silver metalic pen. I'm sure the metalics take longer to dry. It's a beautiful ink and I love the way it writes, but I'm sure I will end up with smudges. And the Michael's near my work only has the metalic Sakura pens, I just looked again today (haha). I checked out the slick writers and it dried really fast on my test paper! But it only came in dark colors and medium thicknes at my Michael's. I'm going to check out the other one by my house tomorrow and see what they have. I was originally going to do a black background for my guestbook, but I may have to just go with white after all. I did however score some black, white, and copper patterned ribbon for a dollar :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was only able to find the slick writers in a pack and it came w/ the following colors: black, red, purple, green & blue.  all dark.  not sure if they come in light colors.  Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards