Illinois-Chicago
Options

Free Honeymoon Accomodations...???

Hi Ladies, My FI and I were considering either Turks & Caicos or Antigua for our honeymoon; our friend, who owns a place in Grand Cayman just emailed me saying that we are more than welcome to stay at their place, which is right on 7-Mile Beach, next door to the Westin and Four Seasons.It wasn't on our list of possibles, but...umm...this is something we are now considering. We are in the very early stages of looking at building a home, and going the Grand Cayman route would allow us to save much for our home.Have any of you traveled to Grand Caymen, and if so...do you think it would be a good HM spot?TIA!
imageimage
Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
Married Bio (Work In Progress)

Re: Free Honeymoon Accomodations...???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Grand Cayman is absolutely beautiful, but keep in mind that although you may be saving by staying at a friend's place over a hotel, EVERYTHING else is super expensive. But like anywhere else, you can definitely be cost-conscious with everything you do. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Grand Cayman is absolutely beautiful -- actually FI is from there and I have been there 5-6 times now. If you are looking to just relax, and maybe do a few activities -- snorkeling, diving (if you dive), other water/beach sports, then it is the place for you. There's not a good night life -- there are restaurants but not a lot of bars/clubs if you were interested in that. And I agree with pp, it is an expensive place but since accomodations are taken care of, you can focus on food and entertainment. And if they have a kitchen where you are staying, then you could cook too if you guys wanted to and save money. Btw, Seven Mile Beach is amazing -- one of the most beautiful I've seen. Soft sand, very clear water, very calm too. HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards