African American Weddings

NWR ****Sending Prayers out to AK1226****

Hi Ladies,Just wanted to get our sisters together and rally around AK1226 right now. Her FI is not doing so good and though I will allow her to give you guys the full details, I wanted to just show her some love at this moment. If could please send up some prayers for her and FI and let her know we are thinking of them at ths moment. God Bless Amika and keep your head up.
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR ****Sending Prayers out to AK1226****

• edited December 2011
    Prayers sent up! HE can always make it right.
  • edited December 2011
    It's already done AMEN!!!!
  • ak1226ak1226 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. He is in the beginning stages of lung disease and has some bad (for lack of a better word) tissue damage on his lower right lung. So, of course I am praying for a safe recovery.
  • edited December 2011
    He and your family will be in my prayers.
  • aquarius125aquarius125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AK- I'm praying for a speedy recovery for Al and strength for you! Is it in the inferior lobe of the right lung?
  • ak1226ak1226 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aquarius- I am not sure. He is in VA and I am in NC so (as most men do) he is only giving me half of the details. I am about to have him sign a release of info form so that I can call the hospital myself.
  • edited December 2011
    ak1226, my prayers are definitely with you and Al as well as both of your families...be encouraged that God will work with both of you during this time....so sorry to hear this news, please keep us updated on his situation.  :P
  • kasper923kasper923 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WTH?!? The devil is busy!  Leave our men alone!  Praying for a full and speedy recovery for Al AK. 
  • trevette1981trevette1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sent a prayer up for her.
  • edited December 2011
    Sending up prayers right now! God is able!
  • edited December 2011
    I'll keep you and Al in my prayers...Just put your trust in God!!! Smooches!
  • edited December 2011
    Praying for you AK and Fi's recovery.
  • ak1226ak1226 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I will definitely keep you posted. He is going to call around tomorrow to find a doctor. On the flip side, now you have a story to tell FI/DH when they need to go to the doc. Kasper-my brother told me that God has a way of testing you to make sure you want to be with that person. You get through the test and you then you thank him for blessing you with such wonderful people that were the duct tape (your friends and supporters) when your glue was not strong enough.
  • edited December 2011
    You and your FI are in my prayers. Girl, you get that man of yours to sign the release of info papers. When it comes to medical issues men don't ask nearly enough questions.
  • kasper923kasper923 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AK- FI and I love you and your brother.  Thanks, we're def in need of those prayers while he's in the hospital.
  • ak1226ak1226 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    trlee- I honestly think that he is trying to keep me at bay with my move and my new job. It's a catch 22. He wants to keep me happy and not have me worrying because thinks that I'll quit my job or lose focus. Honestly, my job is keeping me going and busy. I am off tomorrow, but Monday, I have to get back to my grind. To the ladies that I have not thanked yet- thanks ladies. See, that is what I love about you ladies. We can put petty differences aside to make big differences in the lives of others. God has not forgotten y'all. I know he'll be asking me to repay the favors somehow.
  • edited December 2011
    Knottie vibes, hugs, and prayers coming your and your FI's way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I will be praying for you AK and your FI.
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    AK Girl...I had to come out of hiding for you! My heart goes out to you, Al and your families. I pray for a speedy recovery. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer...with that anything is possible. **HUGS** I'm in his area...so if you ever need anything...a phone call...a place to stay...some directions...just let me know. miss_rekiya at yahoo dot com
  • edited December 2011
    My prayers go out to you and FI.  I pray for a speedy recovery.
  • withmikewithmike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AWHHH......I pray all is well. Im still praying....
  • edited December 2011
    Amika sending you lots of hugs and prayer for you and your fi!  There's no limits to what our God can do!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I will keep you two in prayer! Trust God and faint not!
  • edited December 2011
    My prayers are with you & fi. Stay strong ak1226 and know we are here if you need us! God Bless you & Al!

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• edited December 2011
    My thoughts and prayers are definitely with both of you. I'm sure he will bounce back from this. God heals, so stay prayerful and I know everything will be ok. 
  • edited December 2011
    you and your family are in my prayers
  • blue19violetblue19violet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AK, my prayers and support are with you and yours.
  • edited December 2011
    ak, you have our paryers and support.
  • edited December 2011
      Prayers going out to AK1226 and her FI. The devil is a liar. God is a healer. God can do all things. AK1226- God is going to get your FI (and you) through this.It's good that you are getting him to sign a release of info.  There are so many Men often do not get enough facts, they do not ask enough questions, they try to play tough to show that YEAH, I'm tough, but they are a train wreck on the inside. Encourage your man to be proactive especially with him being in a different area from you.
  • candydipcandydip member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keeping you and Al in our prayers.  God Bless both of you and we are praying for a speedy recovery!!!!  Let me call my Mom and my Aunt.  I am on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards