Connecticut

Men's Wearhouse

Any advice for making sure they get all of our orders right? I know they have a bad reputation, but we are using them because we have groomsmen all over the country and needed a way to get them fitted where they live. I checked their website today to see how many of our groomsmen had been fitted. For some reason, on the page where they list each member of the wedding party, they no longer list FI or his best man. Which makes no sense. I know websites sometimes screw up, so I don't want to freak out, but given their reputation, I feel like we need to be really on top of them. Should we call and ask? Or give it a few days? Any other advice on dealing with them? TIA!

Re: Men's Wearhouse

• tammyo21tammyo21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used the MW in Manchester and I had quite the time with them.  I kept on top of them on a weekly basis to make sure all the suits were ordered and what there ship status was.  They told me they don't call when they come in, that is why they give the tag with the receive date.  Ordering and tailoring are 2 different things so when I said 'order' instead of 'tailor' they couldn't find the suits.  They finally did after me harping on them.  My stepfather used the MW in Avon and had NO issues and even got a follow up TY card from them!One tip would be to use the same person each time you go in..would have saved a lot of headaches.  And call - don't wait...better to be proactive.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I think it depends on the store, because we used Waterford and Waterbury and they both called when the tuxes were in.I'd give them a call or go in and have them check. Better safe than sorry. We had a good experience with both stores we used so I don't really have any advice...just keep on top of them, I guess!
  • edited December 2011
    It's good to know some people on here have had good experiences...because all of our friends have used them for numerous weddings and MW screwed up every single order. I believe it was the Milford AND Manchester ones. FI and I have GM OOT too and we are using a brick and mortar "haberdashery" The OOT GM can just get measured at a local tailor and call in their measurements. Also, the place we are using had WAY more choices than MW and ended up being cheaper as well--and we still get a tux free.
  • edited December 2011
    We had family from overseas so all we did is have them go to a local tux store and then give us their mesurements went to our store, put a deposit down and they are just going to pay us back after which to me is fine b/c then I know w/out a doubt that I have what I want and that they will fit.
  • edited December 2011
    we have actually had no problems with them...FI has been in 2 weddings that used them with no problems, so far no problems for us we also did it since people needing tuxes are in a couple diff states we used meriden, and our friends used the one in manchester
  • Mary MeMary Me member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and the guys went yesterday to the Manchester store, and even with an appt, it took over an hour. I guess I will have to call to make sure everything is ordered and correct after reading these posts!!!
  • edited December 2011
    No advice for you because the screwed up everything we ordered. We ordered bow ties and they included Euro Ties then had to rush the bow ties from another store or we would have been out of luck. The best mans pants were about a foot longer than they needed to be. They then tried to get him to come back the following day so they could fix it, which was not possible. One of the GM was missing the button covers and the other guys had to pool theirs so he could have some. Our issues were not the website but a clerical error in which when the information was entered, they somehow selected the euro-tie for one of the guys. I'm not sure how and none of our paperwork or website indicated that. This was for one of the guys, so they assumed that all the guys must need those ties. They probably should have called instead of ASSuming. When we dropped off my DH's tux, we spoke to the manager who was slightly apologetic but for the most part indifferent. This was in the Crystal Mall store. Sadly, we had little choice over using them because we are in Florida and the rest of the GM's are all throughout the country. Wow, that ended up being long. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards