Ohio-Toledo

Hilton Toledo (on MUO campus)

Has anyone had or been to a wedding here?  I'm getting flustered looking at venues and decided since it goes so fast maybe it's more important to look at the weekend as a whole instead of that 6 hour block where the wedding actually takes place haha.  We have a lot of out of town guests so I want it to be as convenient for them as possible.  I really loved the hotel, but really didn't like the ballroom.  The ceremony space is ok.. but could probably be dressed up nicely.  I don't know if I love it, but I love the hotel, the rooms and how much is included.  I wouldn't have to contract out a lot of companies and if we had the ceremony and reception in the same place, the dj would do both without charging extra.  Is the overall appeal more important?  It would be great to hang in the lounge with my family the night before and have an after party when the reception is done without any shuttles or limos.  Seems like it would be less planning too, which I like haha.

Anyone have an experiences there to share?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
182 can't wait to partyimage
76 are missing all the funimage

Re: Hilton Toledo (on MUO campus)

• edited December 2011
    My friend got married there a couple years ago and it was awesome!! It was really nice to have the lounge there because about half of the wedding quests went over after the reception. It was also nice to just stumble upstairs when everything was done! Lol
  • twugletttwuglett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Hilton is fine. It's not in the greatest part of Toledo though, especially if you have guests from out of town that want to explore a bit.  Have you considered the Hilton in Perrysburg?  The ballroom is a bit newer/nicer and the prices are practically identical.  We were going to do the Hilton, Perrysburg until we switched to Nazareth Hall.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The biggest difference is the Hilton Garden Inn requires a minimum of $13000 before tax and gratuity which is puts it at nearly $16700. Just out of my budget, the Hilton Toledo only requires a $10000 minimum.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
  • edited December 2011
    Garden Inn in Perrysburg is nice but waaay pricier. IMO, overpriced for what you get. We looked at the Toledo Hilton you are talking about. I really liked it and the lounge/bar is really nice. I think it's super convenient for guests. The area is not bad-- I've lived around there. Doc Watsons is my favorite bar and it's across the street  :)

Although we ended up going with Cambridge Place, if we had done a hotel it would have been this one. My FMIL called the women there (forgot her name) countless times with questions and she was always pleasant and helpfu.
  • edited December 2011
    I think I'm mostly concerned with the ballroom.  It's oddly shaped, I prefer a big ol' square room.  I hate the long, narrow ones.  I'm afraid there won't be a big enough dance floor. It's stressing me out haha.  With so many out of town guests I think it could be great.  We'll probably have about 200 people, do you think it's big enough?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
  • edited December 2011
    My friend was worried about the shape of the hall too. I didn't even really notice the odd shape. I think she had around 170 people and there was PLENTY of room with seating and on the dance floor. I hope this helps! :)
  • edited December 2011
    That definitely does help!  We hopefully won't have more than 200 (I'm praying we only end up with 185) so that sounds perfect!  I just want to book the hall already haha, I'm not having fun anymore looking.  I just want to have that off my shoulders, but I'm trying not to settle just to be done with it.  I get impulsive like that when I'm frustrated haha.  Thank you loveplanning. :)  She doesn't have any pictures online by any chance, does she?  Would she be willing to share with a complete stranger, but fellow bride?  Haha :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
  • edited December 2011

They have a second room that you can use in the Dana Center we’re getting married there in Nov. It’s a very nice and big room, we preferred it over the ballroom.   Right now there are changing wedding coordinators.    

• edited December 2011
    Come check out the Hilton Toledo again and we can talk about your wedding! You can call me directly at 419.324.1786!
    Gina Gueli
    Wedding Coordinator
    Hilton Toledo
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Gina,  Sorry, no vendors are allowed to post here.  Please read the rules of our community. 

reported.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • NN3307RKNN3307RK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am booked with the Hilton Toledo and I am completely excited about it. It is really nice to consider because they do provide a lot of extras that others do not. It makes it easier to balance everything and keep yourself sane in the process. They did just switch coordinators, but I just keep telling myself that the Hilton has a name to protect and they would not give the job to someone who would not do a wonderful job with it. 

And just a thought about the room to attempt to ease your mind, think about how nice it would be if the cake is set in front of the head table and you cut it from the dance floor. Guests could remain seated while this happens and still be able to see. I don't like when people crowd around to watch stuff (especially because I believe my grantparetns should be able to see it and they are not physically able to rush somewhere in a ballroom) so the shape of the room there makes that a bit easier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards