African American Weddings

**Zainamarie**

I am so excited about the contest. It is today from 6-8pm. It would be so nice to win. When is yours? I saw your post sunday and it was due by midnight monday. All week I have been thinking of other things I could've written. Even to be a finalist will be good. Well good luck and I will let yoy know what happens tonight. 

Re: **Zainamarie**

• zainamariezainamarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to first say I am not a sore loser. If the rules of the contest say 50 words or less, than the only acceptable entries should have been 50 words or less. There was one there that was at least 150. Long sob story too. Also, the contest said winner must be present. One girl, her parents came, which let me know that they'd already chosen and notified the top ten, and they were able to accept her prize since she was away in AL. Not cool. My FI is all right them a letter and I'm just like, no, I won't write a letter, I just won't use any of the vendors who were there.
    Our Wedding Site

Wedding Blog

Number Invited 186image Number Attending 5image Number Declined 2image Number Not Replied 179image RSVP Date: July 17, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    So true. There was one who's mother was there bcause she was away in the military and she said she wrote it for her and another who was def over 50 words. Also they gave the finalist(all 10 of them) $2500.00 towards having the wedding or reception there at the hotel. Anyway it was a chance to get away and the next time I know to include one of my diease sob stories.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards